My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

When I was a amateur photographer

When first time I got my DSLR camera - Nikon D90 ...
  • What is your feeling when you got your first DSLR camera? As for me, I am very excited and secondly, I am worried cause I have 0 knowledge in operating a DSLR camera ...
  • Purposely online to search more information about DSLR camera and how to operate it especially in Manual mode.
  • When I got my first DSLR, the next 3 weeks, I have a wedding photography job ... this is how tense am I and enable me to learn much quickly by practising ...
  • Wanna see my amateur shots below ...

Practising the focus and bokeh effect ... not much bokeh effect can be done with 18-200mm lens except there is a trick for it ... zoom it from far to the object and snap ...


Practising the ISO, Shutter Speed and Appature ...



Manage to learn quickly and took many practise shots ...
  • AND FINALLY, when I turned pro and took the shot below ... which is used by the restaurant.


I love this shot a lot ... took with just Nikkor 18-200mm lens

  • Must say thanks to all my friends, colleagues and foodies gang for their advice ... without them, my DSLR camera might stored in my store room collecting dust.
  • For first timer SLR user, it is very exciting to have your own SLR camera and a total photography experience. It is hard for me to go back to digital point and shoot camera once I have this baby ...

20 comments:

Caroline Ng May Ling said...

congrats to u! now u're getting pro n pro dy! :D

ErikaToh said...

Wow, thanks for sharing. It's very inspiring~ ^^ I just recently got myself a mini DSLR too - Olympus PEN E-PL1 and is yet to learn a lot of tricks and techniques of using it. Haha! :P

Hey, do you have any tips to share with a photography / camera noob like me? It'll be great to be able to learn from a pro photographer just like you~ ^^

smallkucing said...

good to have friends who are willing to share knowledge

Xjion89 said...

this post is really inspirin^^
i hope to get a dslr soon~~but no money><~~~

hahaha~~~

Hayley said...

I must say you're really good in photo shooting!
I was excited too when I 1st got my DSLR.. but it took me some times to learn the basic of aperture and shutter speed and so on... I hope one day I can be pro too! ;)

goingkookies said...

This is a really inspiring post to read. I have decided to hijack my bf's canon 400D since it's just collecting dust.

However, despite my so-called enthusiasm and love for photography, i am still stuck with my ixus100is.. guess it's time to hone the skills like u =)

CathJ said...

Oh.. I still remember the day you just got your DSLR bro..hihihi...

now you are a Pro.. congrats!! keep it up.. :D

fufu said...

i am thinking of getting a 18-200mm lens :) hihihi after seeing the pictures you have taken... i have no doubt no wanting my HK friend to send it all the way till brazil =p

Mei Teng said...

Everyone has to start somewhere. Everyday is learning day! :)

Lisa717 said...

admire your great effort lar, bro^^ your hard work really paid off!! looking forward for more great pics from you!! would love to learn from you some day when i really get my dslr cam^^ keep up the good work and hope to go for food review with y'all again~~

WyYv said...

u really took some nice pictures nowadays..i oso feel like getting one dslr.. but i scare once i bought it, i duno how to use >.<

suituapui said...

What amateur shots? All so very nice... I wish I could afford it but I think I'd pass - retired already, still bogged down with responsibilities - must set my priorities right.

Wyne Ren @ Mauve Ocean Blue said...

You are talented person...keep it good work behind the camera lens.

Hey, get this; I'll support you...hehe!

jason said...

Wah, good good. I'm at the stage where you first started out now :)

thule a.k.a leo said...

i wanted to get a DSLR like you too.. but most of the time, it's quite troublesome to bring bulky stuff when I go out.. whether shopping, travelling or an event! As if the things taht I've brought along are not enough!
That's why I am contemplating either to buy:
1) Compact digicam with DSLR functions such as the new Canon Ixus 300HS which is about RM1k, or
2) Micro Four Third cameras such as the Panasonic GF-1, Olympus E-PL1, and my latest dream gadget... the Sony Nex-5!!! But these would cost me more than RM2-3k!

Decision.. decision!!!

iamthewitch said...

Congrats to you! Keep up the good work!!

Twilight said...

I studied photography subject in States and my old fart lecturer said any camera will do - most important is the user's keen eyes and good sense of Art.
I can judge that you are a good photographer judging at the number of times I salivated at your foodie photos! LOL..

ken said...

so pro.. can teach me? =)

PureGlutton said...

Well done - u shoot beautiful pics! I'm hesitant abt getting a DLSR - too bulky to carry around and rather intimidating!

cHrIstInA_YY said...

Hehe Nikon rocks! Love that last shot too <3

Related Posts with Thumbnails