My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Monday, October 04, 2010

My birthday dinner celebration at Silver Spoon Trattoria @ Wisma Menjalara, Kepong

Perfect Dining Experience @ Silverspoon for my birthday dinner with Yve ...
  • Firstly, thanks for all the restaurant recommendation in my Facebook, finally ... me & Yve decided to go to Silverspoon after we have read many good reviews of this restaurant.
  • Wonder where is Dylan ? We decided last minute not to bring Dylan as he haven't got his afternoon nap, so we dropped him off at my parents house.

I simply love their unique signature spoon logo ... nice, simple and creative!
  • Driving and locating this restaurant is very easy ... located at a pretty unassuming part of Kepong, Silver Spoon is sitting on the first floor of Wisma Manjarala, just above the AmBank.

Love their decorations in the restaurant ...


Oh yes, love Australian Wine a lot ... can't wait to try out their wine ...




Wine Cellar ... my dream to have one like that in my home ...


Perfect place to have private party ... Yve told me next time maybe can have Dylan's birthday celebration @ here ...


That is Dylan's baby chair ... too bad, he couldn't come last minute ... dunwan him to spoilt the dinner ...


I am simply amazed by the interior of the restaurant ... very modern and high class looking ... this is the crowd at 7pm when we arrived.


It was full house by 7.30pm and I am glad I did make a reservation few days ago ...


The birthday boy ... oooops, not young anymore ... birthday guy instead ... hehehe


Lovely Yve ...


We totally enjoy their House Pouring White Wine ... Yve told me whether to purchase a bottle back ...


The Italian Soda was nice ... refreshing!
  • Because only two of us dining, we couldn't afford to order so much variety as all the food menu looks way too delicious for us ...


Creamy Mushroom Soup - a blend of assorted mushrooms flavored with chicken broth & cream , a must order soup and love the bitterness coming off from the assorted mushrooms ... well-balanced bitter taste and you can feel the rich mushrooms ingredients they have used. Me and Yve rated one of the best mushroom soup in town and taste better than Lafite!


Garlic Butter Toast, only cost RM 1.50 per pc and seriously cheap actually ... was perfectly toast and love the thick flavoured garlic butter ...


Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms - Portobello Mushrooms filled with fresh breadcrumbs, herbs and grilled parmesan cheese ...

When this Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms came, Yve wonder what did it ordered ... cause it look so black and like over burnt ... hahaha ...




Once she ate it, we just love the taste and the juicy juice came out from the mushrooms itself ... the taste was excellent with the cheese ... ooo la la ... highly recommended!


Here comes our main course ... Yve's Duck Confit - A duck’s leg slowly cooked in its own fat served on grilled polenta, orange & fennel salad and vanilla sauce.


Yve did share some to me as it is very big portion and worth the price actually. I simply love the skin and the duck meat itself ... the sauce + with duck meat creates a heavenly sensation taste ... this is one of their signature dish!


OMG, here comes my Lamb Shank - tender lamb shank braised in white wine, vegetable & brown lamb stock served on potato mash ...


The portion was so huge and seriously worth the price I am paying for ... the meat was so tender and soft when I ate it ... Yve love it too ... not to forgot the huge amount of mash potato served ... taste so delicious ...

This dish can be eaten for 2 pax actually ... but for me, the portion is just right for me ... hehehe.


Here comes our dessert - Tiramisu, popular Italian trifle made of coffee & Kahlua soaked lady finger biscuits, layered with mascarpone mousse & topped with cocoa ...


Yve wanted to order the 3rd one but we are just way too full ... this is one of the best Tiramisu we have tasted ... I bet Dylan would love this a lot.
  • My most memorable birthday dinner for me & Yve ... perfect dining experience at Silver Spoon Trattoria, next time when me & Yve back here, we wanted to try their Pasta and Pizza ... food, price and service was excellent!
  • Address:-

    Silver Spoon Trattoria
    1st Floor, Wisma Manjalara,
    Bandar Menjalara, 52200,
    Kuala Lumpur

    Tel: 03-6277 0445 (do make your reservation!)

    GPS: 3.195364, 101.632456

34 comments:

HenRy LeE ® said...

woahh... such a wonderful place to have ur bday dinner. I wonder what is the price rates :)

Adrienne said...

Nice recommendation and I love the ambience. Lovely pictures by you. Thanks for the GPS coordinate, I will definitely check out this weekend!

Rennee Liew said...

Hi Vialentino,

The mushrooms look so unique food to me and first time viewing this. The food looks amazing @ silverspoon.

Thanks for the good food introduction.

-Rennee-

James Khoo said...

Hey Johnson,

Happy belated birthday to you and can see you have a romantic dinner celebration with your wife.

I would love to try out their stuffed mushrooms!

suituapui said...

Awwww...poor Dylan, missed all that. Food looks great. I wish they would have a dress code at such places, make it high class...the ambience would be a lot better.

Hayley said...

Such a nice and sweet celebration~
I love the logo too! Very modern..

Caroline Ng May Ling said...

phewitt! very nice place n look sweet la Yve there! n u still gud looking ma! ;) eih? Dylan didnt join u guys???

Alice Law said...

Hey, happy belated birthday, may your birthday wishes come true!!! ^-^ Srumptious spread of gourmet, such a lovely celebration!

Have a nice day!

thule a.k.a leo said...

Oh yes... I totally forgot about this place :P Jenn would love this I guess! It'll be our rendesvous instead of bringing Sher Ryn along

Reanaclaire said...

wow..what an enjoyable life! live to eat.. :)

Alv0808 said...

I love the deco and food too. Anyway, happy belated birthday to you

foodbin said...

happy birthday-a great dinner.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site vialentino.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Angeline@安琪琳 said...

Ooh...yummy food, lovely environment! what a great place for dining! Happy belated to birthday boy, Via!

xin said...

O_O quite a lot of food for 2 :P i passed by the restaurant last sat, and it was huge!

choi yen said...

Very near my house, next time if order too much, call me, haha ^^

WyYv said...

ahh~ that is one lovely dinner of two :) that place's interior is really beautiful~ all the foods look really deli, but the thing that attracts me the most is the Tiramisu, I hope to have a glass of that too.. hahaha.. nice place there, thanks for sharing^^

smallkucing said...

Lovely place for dinner :D

CathJ said...

wish you good health and wealth during your birthday!!

Mei Teng said...

Yummy stuffed mushrooms.

CH Voon said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Nice Dinner as well.

foongpc said...

Nice restaurant! I love the interior! Wow! The food looks good too!

jen cheung said...

another birthday celebration hor? look like you are one lucky guy lah :) hehe. love the interior of the restaurant and the food looks good as well!


Have a fabulous week!
jen @ www.passion4food.ca

fufu said...

wow nice food!!!! btw how young are you now? lol

Joanne said...

This sounds like one amazing dinner. Perfect birthday celebration!

AugustDiners said...

Thank you for choosing Silverspoon for your bday celebration, i'm glad you enjoyed it! Should have told me, i'd have arrange something special for you :)

Twilight said...

Dylan's papa looked terrific in the photo. Thanks for sharing this new eatery location. All your food blogs make me fat and burn holes in my pocket! Ha ha ha!

cheeyee said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you! Wow birthday dinner with just u n Yve, so sweet!

Jacob Tung SH said...

Hi Via, Happy belated birthday to you and really a nice dining place.

Love the duck confit skin and the mushrooms is very special. Nice food recommendation, will give a try!

Casendra said...

Geee... happy belated birthday! Hahaha... i was famished while I was reading your post! Man that is so nice!!!!! Arggghh... must put it in my 'must eat list'

Have you tried the Tiramisu at Bell Pasto? Also very nice, so far, thats the Tiramisu i liked the most, eventho it is not a super high class restaurant, but I guess is bcos the shop that i visited (Bdr Sri Damansara), had an Italian cook there :P

iamthewitch said...

Nice and elegant restaurant! Heard a lot about it also.. will go and try it out one day. Happy Belated birthday to you! LOL!

lechua said...

wow looks splendid! must have enjoyed it...

Sumptuous said...

Wow! Yummy! Muz start saving some money 1st!

Agnes Sim said...

wow...nice dishes le...make me drooling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails