My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Monday, September 06, 2010

Hon Kee Porridge @ Bandar Puteri Puchong

Hon Kee Porridge ...
  • Hon Kee Porridge, established since 1949, has a signature dish of raw fish to go with the porridge. They have opened a new branch in Bandar Puteri Puchong. Me and yve gave a try cause I know this is a famous Porridge restaurant.


Hon Kee Porridge food menu ...

  • Quite packed with people during the weekend and love the ambience of this restaurant ...

The restaurant environment ...


Baby Dylan waiting for the porridge to arrive cause he can eat porridge too ...


Baby Dylan had his bread first ...


Published in newspaper ... see how famous are them ...




Here comes my Cooked Fish Sliced Porridge ... fish meat is fresh.


I must have this Chinese crullers or You Tiao for my porridge ... I love their freshly fried You Tiao


The Pork Innards porridge was a hit to me and yve, especially the fried intestines.


One of the best ... Ha Peng or Prawn fritters ...


Not sure the dish name ... Bread with sesame seed is very good too.
  • In terms of the porridge texture, me and yve still prefer Canton-i restaurant porridge ... still one of the best porridge.
  • We had a good dinner at this restaurant.

19 comments:

WyYv said...

so coincident that im actually looking for porridge lately.. my sis asked me where to have a good bowl of porridge at night few days ago.. and i really duno how to reply her.. lol.. tis hon kee seems to serve some nice porridge, do u know the operational hours for this restaurant by any chance?

thule a.k.a leo said...

don't have to drive that far to KL for a good bowl of porridge huh?? The designs of their outlets are similar even in Taipan USJ and Damansara Uptown! normally I'd go to their Uptown outlet which is like less than 10min drive
You don't eat raw fish slices huh?? Why settle for cooked fish when their signature is raw fish?

Big Boys Oven said...

wow my favourite porridge, but I like having them during cold esp rainy season! :)

Big Boys Oven said...

oh! the raw fish nice right!

[SK] said...

this Hon Kee is very famous for their porridge, but i've only tried once at their outlet in Lot 10 foodcourt.. not nice at all, and that's it for me lah..

i have porridge for dinner yesterday too.. haha~~ :p

suituapui said...

Oooo...I love porridge. Any good? Usually these franchises, the food good but there are better (and cheaper) elsewhere. But the prawn fritters really look like to die for! Drool! Drool!!!

iamthewitch said...

I love the chinese crullers to go with porridge!

安琪琳@Angeline said...

Yummy Yummy! My Tummy is calling me!

Alv0808 said...

I took porridge if I'm not in good health. But, looking at your post, urged me to have some for my dinner tonight. Where I can find one? how to know the porridge is tasty by just look at them? hehehe,...

smallkucing said...

Hon Kee Poridge is the one with main stall in Petaling St right? Makan at Petaling st b4. Nothing special punya. Hmm...from your review, now it seems that i should have makan at the granch instead. The food looks so delicious

ChrisAu said...

I love the Hk style 'ten chai chok'. This one looks good! Will try it when Im in KL soon.

Lonewolf said...

I was thinking of something different for dinner and I saw your post. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mei Teng said...

There's on D'sara Uptown too. A friend says the one in Petaling Street is still the best.

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Wow looks so yummyyy!!!!

CathJ said...

wowwwwwwww... I want to cook porridge for myself la... drooling hahahahahhaha

HenRy LeE ® said...

i heard about this before... really wanna try it someday... nice set of photos again from u! :D

FOODnTRAVELla said...

Usually, my bowl of porridge will have slices of fresh fish + fried intestine + century egg....yummy yummy

Cruel Angel said...

sedapnya...

taufulou said...

love the menu cover eh..so cute~

Related Posts with Thumbnails