My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Restoran Sin Hup Kee @ Bandar Puteri Puchong

Bad food taste experience at this restaurant ...
  • I went to try this new restaurant opened in Bandar Puteri Puchong ... another branch of the origin Sin Hup Kee which have been in the food business for over 19 years ... putting high hopes on the food taste.
  • As usual over the weekend, restaurants in Bandar Puteri Puchong are packed and we were just lucky enough to have a table.

Sin Hup Kee Restaurant ...


Mew's daughter ...



As usual, at 7.45pm ... packed with people ... I wanted to highlight this to restaurant owner ... the waiter service is a bit slow in cleaning tables and taking order ...


Baby Dylan also feels hungry waiting for the food to arrive ...
  • It is hard for me to say the food pictures looks nice and taste great ... as this is the food comment given by Mew and Su Yern as we had dinner together ... never judge by the restaurant environment ...

So called Fried Chinese Cheese Vegetables ... don't even taste like cheese and very normal stir fried vegetables only ... this is the only food taste normal and edible ...


Fiery Pork Ribs ... me and mew commented that this taste just too fiery sweet ... and the meat is too chewy to bite and swallow ...

This is the worse Claypot Tau Fu dish I have ever tasted ... I really pissed off with the Chef that he can served this over burned and cooked smell to the customer to eat ... before I ate, me and Mew can smell the food burnt 'loong' smell ... when we taste it ... OMG, we told the waiter to serve a new one and ask the Chef to taste himself ... then came the new replacement dish ... gosh, it taste SUPER SALTY! ended up, we just did not eat the dish. Worse of all, the waiter did not even say sorry ...

Signature Assam Curry Fish Head ... honestly, it doesn't taste Assam and it doesnt taste Curry when Su Yern asked what dish is this that we ordered ... we told her, Assam Curry Fish Head ... seriously they need to look into the flavor and taste of this dish.


Boneless Chicken Chop in Thai Style ... lazy to comment so much ... just too sour ... wonder the chef having PMS is it ...


The price is expensive for the lousy food we have tasted ... I love the Fu Gua Thong chinese food than this restaurant ... totally banned this restaurant in my Puchong food list ...

  • As summary of the food taste, we have taste too sour, too sweet, super salty and burnt food in this restaurant ... I can't believe it have been operating for more than 19 years and probably is this branch problem as I have yet to try the original restaurant.
  • I am also suprised that many people still come and dine ... or maybe they are the curious person who likes to try new food and maybe will not come again ...
  • For those who have tasted this restaurant, do comment here ...

26 comments:

ChrisAu said...

a place to avoid then.... haha... have a good week!

Erika Toh said...

Wah...more food post! This is why I like and follow your blog! *Drooling* xD Love it! ^^

HenRy LeE ® said...

the chef must have either been sick and replaced by an assistant or a foreigner such as bangladesh or lousier than that who is cooking it...

thank god it's in puchong. I'll never step my foot there like ever! :D

wont be drooling at this since i read it thoroughly from A to Z :)

suituapui said...

So lousy and yet so very crowded. The place does not look very comfortable either...and it looks like it's one of those hot and noisy eating joints.

reanaclaire said...

Hope they see your review and improve on their dishes! :)

Hayley said...

Really that bad? But still packed with people? hmm.... I better keep this in mind, hehe..

xin said...

thanks for sharing your bad experience. i hope the restaurant will improve soon, if not the brand is at stake already!

Jasmine said...

never mind just for this time, hehe..

Caroline Ng May Ling said...

yumyumyum! haha baby Dylan drooling dy?? :p

Caroline Ng May Ling said...

next time dnt go there again! mwahaha

J said...

Hmmm... That's a pity to waste money n time n calories on such bad food. :(

smallkucing said...

Via,

u want nice fish head curry , go bangsar. It's under a tree.

But it's not asam fish head la..It's curry fish head

Anonymous said...

simonsays : wow, im surprised u gv bad rating, which u never do, even some places which i felt u shld. Anyway, I brought my family to tis place 2 weeks back, and though I dont think their food is fantastic but its quite 'acceptable' for a decent dinner, slightly xpensive ler. I quite like the Thai-style chic. Maybe the chef was hvg a bad day ... ha ha. Btw, there is a restaurant in Puchong Jaya called - 8 ROAD -, next to Tong Kee Egg Tarts, VERY very pack w people (must go early), another taichow, food ok but wife was complaining expensive, esp. the fried bitterguord/salted egg cost Rm22.00, when she can do it for less than Rm7.00 ... .ha ha

Anonymous said...

Hey Vialentino,

I would say the food here taste very normal only. The taste is nothing unique except just a normal chinese dishes. Maybe people just come and dine for the environment.

Can see those burnt marks on the claypot. I can imagine the taste and the smell of it as I forgot to shut off the gas while I was cooking maggi noodles. The water dried up and the noodles got burnt.

WyYv said...

aww... it seems like all the food is very awful in taste.. we'll not visit this shop too since the service and food quality is so bad.. thanks for sharing, vialentino..

Casendra said...

Ahahaha you are so brave! I always passing by all these new restaurant in Bdr Puteri (since i stayed there) but seldom storm in, coz mummy always cook...

but thanks for the head up, wont suggest friend to try it :P

yvonne said...

Oo... thanks for sharing about this restaurant. Gonna put it in my ban list.

Cindy said...

Oh.. a restaurant to avoid!

taufulou said...

woah~ so piss loh..seldom can see you so piss eh..means really beh ki..

okok okok..BanneD!

CzChooi said...

Looks delicious!

uLi.佑莉 said...

Banned!

Jys said...

wow, really that bad? I normally visit the one in Ipoh, the food taste quite nice, didn't expect the quality of the food dropped that much in KL here...

disappointing...

Anonymous said...

just pass by ur blog because i was googling sin hup kee.. perhaps u can give it another try as i know the problem came from the chef himself and now they have hired new chef.. anyway i do heard good feedbacks from KL customers recently..

or for better.. come to ipoh ^^ Sin Hup Kee, Ipoh located at 17, Jalan Leong Sin Nam, 30300

cy said...

my gosh.... the food that bad meh? I think they improve already lah (as per MR. Anonymous above) coz i just went there a few weeks ago. The waiter was kinda 'cute' though, he brought an extra plate and cutlery for my baby who's not even a year old yet! I was like ... wutt??? This guy really dono anything about babies, as if my bb can dig in and eat chiken on her own. Anyways, that was funny :p Btw, the environment is better upstairs. Downstairs is a bit cramped.

yen said...

I went there before,damn lousy and expensive food,not worth at all. I think this is the worst restaurant among all in Bandar Puteri.

Carolyn Tay said...

I agree with you, my latest post explain about it ;( so disappointing !

http://carolyntay.blogspot.com/2012/08/sin-hup-kee-bandar-puteri-puchong.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails