My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Monday, August 09, 2010

New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice @ Bandar Puteri Puchong

Expensive Chicken Rice meal ...
  • I was craving for something which I have never crave before ~Chicken Rice. To satisfy my craving, I suggested this new restaurant to Yve colleagues cause we will be having dinner together and they would want to see baby Dylan as well.

Their food menu ...
  • This famous New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice from Jalan Gasing have opened a new branch at Bandar Puteri Puchong (opposite Pappa Rich kopitiam). Me and Yve used to dine at Jalan Gasing as it is one of our pak toh place ...

I like their cleaniness of the restaurant and the ambience ... very high class indeed ... even the waiter carries PDA to take order ...
  • When Yve ordered a single set of chicken rice meal, they don't have it seems ... so we asked the waiter that we want one set but he recommended us a meal for two instead ... errr .... was wondering next time if I come here for lunch/dinner by myself, I need to order two people's portion ...

They can improve the taste of the chicken rice, stronger in taste and flavour ... I find the Kong Sai chicken rice and Kajang Chicken rice taste much better than this ...



Yve had the Chicken Hor Fun ... her second meal as the chicken rice meal very small portion for her ... this Chicken Hor Fun loss to the Oldtown Kopitiam Chicken Hor Fun ... we prefer Oldtown Kopitiam Chicken Hor Fun instead ...



The Char Siew and Siew Yuk taste very normal ... can't make it into my top 5 best char siew list ...

The fishballs which we did not ordered but ended up on our table and we just ate it ... cause their service waiter did not bother to entertain us at all when we ask whether it comes with our chicken meal ... left us ????

The chicken meat is normal and not so soft as I want it to be ... the texture is so different from the Jalan Gasing which I find it taste much better than this ... it doesn't come with bean sprouts which we need to order seperately ... really not IPOH style.
The bill ended RM 67+ for 4 pax ... which we find it very very expensive ... imagine the portion of the chicken is so small for one person and instead we need to order extra ... and they charge the chicken rice seperately ... drinks also very expensive, double price ...
  • For cost effectiviness, maybe the owner can scrap the PDA usage and to reduce their food menu prices and to increase the food portion ...
  • Secondly, to improve the taste of their chicken rice, hor fun and the chicken meat texture ... the owner should try the Kong Sai Chicken @ Bandar Puteri Puchong to compare their taste ... you may read my review of Kong Sai Chicken @ http://vialentino.blogspot.com/2009/01/restaurant-kong-sai-at-bandar-puteri.html

26 comments:

Jacob Lee said...

Hey Via,

Truly agree with you. They charge very expensive for the chicken meal and I find the chicken texture is normal and hard.

They should not hired those bangla waiter, really service sucks and slow.

Maybe the owner spent too much in the renovation and using high technology equipment to take order, so need to charge the food expensive.

For me, I will go back to the original one at Jalan Gasing. I won't dine and pay for the ambience.

Anonymous said...

I think Puchong got many nice chicken rice shop and no govt service tax somemore!

I pass by this restaurant but never think to try cause I know it will be very expensive to eat chicken rice only.

Anonymous said...

Simon Says .... I once had a very BAD diarrhea after eating @ their Gasing's branch, must b their chilli. Since then Iv phobia about eating chicken chilli concoction or even their branches. Anyway, u shld try MR CHICKEN @ Bdr Puteri (same row with FUGUATHONG/HLBank), they r good, an alternative to KongSai (their chicken are no as tasty). Mr Chicken sells only Choyyuen Chicks, not those injected chicks in KongSai (ha ha). Cheers.

Caroline Ng May Ling said...

harr?! i just finish read SK's blog n saying expensive price, here also! LOL! but seriously y so expensive one? cz of the place look high class? btw, i like it very clean.

Hayley said...

Hmm, kinda expensive for a chicken rice meal...
But the char siew... they look so tempting!!

yvonne said...

Haha...

Appearance -> Pass!
Food -> so-so!
Price -> Fail!!

smallkucing said...

That bad ah..kakaka..the Chicken sometimes nice..sometimes not nice. So far i ate at Kota Damasara branch seems to be nicer.

Like the taugeh and the chicken feet kerabu.

Memang this place is pricey.

How was the drinks? All 3 branch(Seri petaling, gasing, kota damansara) punya drink are way too sweet.

thule a.k.a leo said...

looking at the pics.. the ambience definitely better compared to Jalan Gasing's outlet but food quality is important here! Since I live in PJ area, I'll stick back to Kong Sai or Jalan Gasing's outlet.
By the way, it seems that we have similar taste :P we also think that Oldtown White Coffee's chicken hor fun is good! LOL!!!

Big Boys Oven said...

wow sounds like a very expensive meal. The one in Kelana Jaya should be better!

Big Boys Oven said...

I had survey on this issue, you will be surprise that those chicken rice stall at those corner coffee shop can be as good and even cheaper RM4.50 a plate.

[SK] said...

yoh bro, so ngam one.. i also went there last saturday, but then the MV outlet lah..

sadly, i also think the food is expensive and so-so only, and the charsiew and siew yoke so badly done.. i just blog about how unsatisfied i was, and i'm gonna blacklist it lor!!

JY said...

Hey Bro, you are very lucky, I eat with my fren 2 person only already RM63.00. Terrible...... can you imagine just a chicken rice RM30+ per person. If it's not because of most of the restaurant are pack with people, I won't fall into trap.

To : ALL

You may want to consider eating somewhere, if the food are expensive, they use genuine good quality ingredient, I'm fine, but this is not, lousy taste and ingredient and charge expensive. NOT WORTH. FYI, I'm from Ipoh, never heard Ipoh got such shop, It's pirated. Ipoh famous with Onn Kee, Lo Wong, Ko Wen Street, and Hocker Centre Near 15th Story (very near to Ipoh Bus station)

iamthewitch said...

My colleagues and I usually frequent this shop branch at Sri Petaling. It has become SO expensive (Minimum RM20/person for lunch) that we have banned it! Seriously, for RM20, we could have prawns, chicken, pork and vege at Chinese aircon restaurant (Yes we did this). No more Ipoh Chicken Rice for me. Definitely not worth it.

WyYv said...

The appearance is ok thou but too bad according to what you said, the taste of the food not too good ya? The food isn't worth the price you paid..

As for the interior, the ambience is very nice for a chicken rice shop.. lol.. yea, it is clean and bright=)

p/s.. Dylan so chubby in the picture:D

Carimakan.com said...

I heard my colleagues who went to this same chicken rice outlet at Puchong to try and was very expensive they claimed and will stop going. The chicken doesn't comes with bean sprouts where you need to seperate order it. Really not 'IPOH style', love your statement!

Mary-anne said...

RM 67, I can order 13 plates of normal chicken rice from the stall!

Mei Teng said...

I know the one in Jalan Gasing but have never tasted the chicken rice before.

This surely cannot beat my grand aunt's true Hainanese chicken rice ;)

uLi.佑莉 said...

Wah you and SK so "kiew" one....it's really expensive la....

Anonymous said...

hmm I think it is about time i might write about hainaese chicken rice! lol!

foongpc said...

So expensive and not nice? Are they trying to kill their business? Just boycott such restaurants!!!

Joanne Ting said...

I guess when they open branch or franchise the business out, the quality definitely drop due to lack of quality control.

For the chicken rice meal, personally to me it is way too expensive!! 4 plain rice already cost RM 6.40 and one herbal tea cost RM 2. By the way, Dylan look so cute in the picture. He is helping to promote the restaurant it seems.

ken said...

nowadays many restaurants use the name of Ipoh, Penang, Malacca and etc to gain more recognition.. but most fail.. =/

fufu said...

hahaha well dont complain lah... i wanna eat also cannot >< i miss msian food already :p but it's quite expensive leh.... dont go there again.. save the money for my new restaurant :) lol j/k

vialentino said...

wahliow...so many comments and hope the owner of the restaurant will take note of it if came across my site.

anyway, not to say bad about their business or condemn them, no agenda behind ... just i feel not worth it. their food is edible actually just the pricing and the portion is too exp and small.

citrella said...

Nothing attracts me in this entry except Baby Dylan's cuteness. He is getting cuter by the day!~~

Dora said...

I know there's one in sri petaling & another one outside mid valley too. Their food r ok but too small portion so it's considered expensive! I do not go there anymore...

Related Posts with Thumbnails