My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Monday, August 02, 2010

Movida Kitchen-Bar-Club Lounge @ Sunway Giza, Kota Damansara

Finest live dining and music room in Sunway Giza ...
  • We planned a suprise birthday party for one of our dear fellow blogger and a good friend of mine @ Movida.
  • It was a perfect evening after work where we gather @ Movida about 7.30pm. When the first time I arrived at Movida entrance, it look so amazing from the outside and have a glimpse of the inside ... Bok, Ken, Uli, Andrew & myself arrived there early and we had a quick happy hour beer.

MOVIDA, means “Party” in Cuban street slang and “To Move or Movement” in Spanish.


The crowds start to pour in and by 7.45pm, n it was packed already.


I really enjoy and feel relax to chill out here with my friends ... will definitely recommend my friends this place to chill out




Movida, a live dining and music room that features the sounds of world music such as R&B, Hip Hop, Trance & many more as well as serving up the best of Western and Asian cuisine.


@ Upstair VIP room ...


The ladies ... Esther, Mei Yee & Uli


Killkenny Irish Beer and is my favourite beer ... I just simply love Kilkenny


Ah Bok also enjoying sipping his Kilkenny beer ... he is showing us the right way to drink it ... Nah ... don't try this at home or in pub!


Me and Jas who is my 016 colleague ... she helped us to organize the whole thing else we wouldn't get a VIP room ... thanks Jas.


Heineken Beer tap ...


My Heineken ... fresh from the beer tap .... That night, I was filled up with beers and kena 'tui' by my friends where it seems it is like my birthday indeed.


Tiger beer tap ...


Guess what the birthday boy had ... trying to avoid alcohol it seems with his lame excuse ... hahaha.


Birthday boy having this Lemongrass Tea ... told us that he is having sore throat but he have the appetite to eat the foods ...


Some of the cocktails we had at Movida ... truly nice ...




Fresh Juices also available for those who can't consume alcohol ...



Just at the right time ... my tummy feels hungry now ...
  • Let me present you the foods we had at Movida ...

    Note: When I wrote this post, my own tummy is grownling inside and feel so hungry now ... do enjoy the food pics ...

Here comes our first dish ... Seared Scallops with mango chilli salsa, alfalfa and basil.


The scallops perfectly grilled as you can see a bit grilled burning on it ... just simply nice, perfect and DELICIOUS!


Look at the size of the Prawn! ... Sauted Prawn's on grilled zucchini, aioli, and aragula. I love this big fresh prawn ... really yummy and really enjoy the taste of the gravy soaked into the prawn meat.


I simply love this big dish - Country Style Roast Chicken with grilled sweet potatoes, corn cob & mushroom gravy ... this is a must order dish as the chicken meat is so soft and tender and furthermore, it is JUICY! ... btw, the portion is just right for stomach capacity.


This is one of the corn cob I able to finish cause it was soft and taste so sweet .... wonder what corn type they use?


Here is another food recommendation and must order dish .... the Char Grilled Lamb with mint sauce and sweet potato ... one of the best Char Grilled Lamb I had.


I can have two plates of this ... just too over delicious ...


This is our next dish on the table ... you will know that it is my favourite food ...


Yes, it is Seafood Pasta ... Movida's Spaghetti Aglio-olio with Seafood toss with olive oil, chili, parsley and basil ...


Love the generous amount of seafoods in this dish ... fresh prawns, squids, clamps and mussels ...

My saliva is drooling when this Fillet of Salmon served with boil baby potato, zucchini ribbon & spicy tomato sauce served on the table ...


Very fresh salmon with great sauce and sides to accomodate it ... must try dish! You won't regret with my food recommendation ...


Here comes MOVIDA Platter with Quesadillas, Chicken Wings, Tempura Calamari, prawn served with Thai Chili Sauce.




Clubber's Platter - Chicken wings, sauteed lamb sausages, potato wedges and grilled squid.


Jas presenting us the Pizza ...


Beef Bacon Flambe with mushroom, onion & cheese on thin crust


The Beef Pepperoni Pizza ...


Smoked Salmon Flambe with Gorgonzola & Mushroom


I really love to eat all their pizzas ... like the thin crust bread with lots of cheese and ingredients ...
It's Magic time ...
  • My first live magic performance right in front of my eye performed by Zlwin. He showed us a few magic wonders and illusions ... I just feel so amazed & puzzled ... wondering how he did that in front of my eyes ...

The magic performer - Zlwin Chew from http://www.zlwinmagic.com/








Yen with her bended fork done by Zlwin's physic ...


It was an awesome magic right in front of our eyes ... we gave him a new solid stainless steel fork then we get Zlwin to fold his sleeves up so no hanky panky magic to trick our eyes .... he hold the fork we gave him, and WALAH - it was bend in front of our eyes. He even bend the 50 cents coin ... how amazing ....


Next, it was my most favourite magic of all ... turning a white tissue paper to a RM 50 note ... did I say he can convert tissues to real money paper note. I totally was caught suprise when he did this magic and luckily was able to capture the burning moment ...


Everyone was wondering what is it ....


And it was the RM 50 note from the tissue paper with little burn marks .... AMAZING!


Zlwin did entertain us with his magic cards too ... a total truly magician I've known ...


It was a night where most of us met some of new bloggers such as Yen, Yvonne and Michelle. I have met new bloggers like Yvonne & Michelle ...


Did not know it was a Blue & Black theme ... coincidentally they wore it and it was so matching ... we notice it when we took this picture.


Me, Jas & Andrew ...


The birthday cake made by Sunny ...


He is my photography 'guru' as he is a pro trainer in Nikon and Canon ... and also a famous food blogger who went a private food tour with Hugo Leong ... introducing you the birthday boy - Ken Chan, founder of http://www.foodpoi.com/


One big happy food bloggers family ... not in picture (Sidney, Sunny, Yen, Michelle & Yvonne)
  • We left MOVIDA feeling happy, full and satisfied. A special thanks to Nic Lim and the staff of Movida for a wonderful evening.
  • Location details:-
    Movida Kitchen-Bar-Club Lounge
    Unit C.03 & C.03a, Block C, Sunway Giza Mall,
    No.2, Jalan PJU 5/14, PJU 5, Kota Damansara,
    47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

    Tel: 03-6141 8022 /03-6141 8022 Fax: 03-6141 8023

    Email: info@movida.my
    Website: http://www.movida.my/

40 comments:

Caroline Ng May Ling said...

whoaaa so much fun! haha cute la Mei Yee at there!! :D

Big Boys Oven said...

wow definitely a place to hold birthday parties, hen nights and bachelor parties! this pace is awesome! great food, wonderful cocktails! :) agreed?

WyYv said...

awesome bday cake! i wish i could have a slice of that too.. haha.. oh ya, the food and drinks at that place are really great too^^

Johanna said...

Hey Via, this is a nice place and I am amazed by your food and drink pictures. ~~~ You are making me so hungry now!!! :p

Really must go and check out this place. What is the food and beer price there?

uLi.佑莉 said...

I love this place! Thanks for introduced me such a good place to chill and hang out! We have lots of fun that evening :)

David Loh said...

Nice birthday celebration party there. I love the picture you took on the bar top table. Amazing food pictures and the roast chicken looks huge portion to me, is it a whole chicken or qurter or half?

Happy Belated Birthday to Ken, pass by his website before.

:: yvonne :: said...

Char Grilled Lamb... *naom naom naom* Truly delicious!!!

I only managed to ate 1 slide of pizza.. it was too full!!!! :)))

Hayley said...

Wow, nice celebrations!! Plus, with up close magic show pula!! Such a valuable experience! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice natural lighting photos there.

reanaclaire said...

wah... must be a very pricey birthday party..so much good food, cocktails ... really enjoyable..

Ben said...

Wah! Read this in Monday morning .... NO GOOD, NO GOOD. Make me hungry liao!!

taufulou said...

woh! love your pictures..so geng d now...

love how you capture witch expression..so cute~

Shell (貝殼) said...

This is a nice place for a drink and also to dine. i love the girlled lamb & pizza^^

ChrisAu said...

What a great place to be in!! Nice and Im sure you guys have lots of fun!

smallkucing said...

wahhh ...so ngum you managed to capture the surprise experession on Lenglu Witch's face.

Mei Teng said...

Lemongrass drink is nice.

KarenLee said...

wat a birthday blast for your friend. I been to Movida once and really great place for drink with their nice ambience. Can I share your link to introduce my colleagues?

suituapui said...

Too many photos...taking to long to open - my connection's no good these few days. Anyway, don't go to clubs anymore...not since drinking Tiger triggered my gout attacks... Sigh! I'm old...

Jasmine said...

Here I come.........

Wow, I can see you have many nice photos and I enjoy looking at them, the food really make me drolling, haha .........

BeverLy's Secret said...

O.M.G!!! Gorgeous party!! So much fun!!!

mimid3vils said...

I love the lamb, tender & went well with the sauce, not forget the pizza, lots of cheese!!!

thule a.k.a leo said...

Ah! You still have the luxury of going out for happy hours :) for me, it was almost a history from the moment Sher Ryn was born... everytime I go to KL, she will be following and therefore what I did mostly in KL was shopping and eating!

Big Boys Oven said...

mimid: hahahah a lot of cheese but not thatcheese right? but that thin pizza was awesome! Did you bend your fork till like that wow! the magician refused to teach me lol! I tired do hard also cannot! :(

I went home and slept soundly after all those alcohol! lol! best! Hahah Ah Bok so cool he drank like fish! lol!

vialentino said...

wahliow...ok, give me sometime to reply your comment ... busy at work now...nice to read ur comments and cant wait to reply all of them.

Farah said...

another place to put in the list :) just behind ma house, not so far.. should just give it a try soon.

foodz look good

Jeanne said...

hi johnson,

1. how much did you all pay for the magic performer? Did not know got this kind of magic service.

2. the roast chicken definitely a huge portion, can it served for 2 paxs?

3. love your heineken shots, you should send your this picture to them for helping them to promote.

Lisa717 said...

wow~~~ speechless lar when i saw those pics that you took!! Bro, u r pro adi lar!!! Nez time shud learn from you liow!!! hehehe..love those food pics lo~~ make me more n more hungry...

HenRy LeE ® said...

i could just walk to Movida at anytime since its so near! hahaha! XD

[SK] said...

looks like a good place to hang out, and how many of you woh, so much food there!! i actually think those mocktails and the appetisers are very nice and "seductive" lor, haha.. :p

Jamie Oh said...

my open big big when I saw your pics ... very nice and what camera model and lens you use? mind to share. got magic show somemore, so cool!

FOODnTRAVELla said...

Beautiful food photos.....make me drooling now!

yvonne said...

Magical moments with delicious foodie. Yummy! Your photos reveal Movida has the "relaxing" ambience. I like it, both the food and environment :)

cHrIstInA_YY said...

Wow, very cool magic tricks! Ask your friend to turn some 50 dollars notes for me pls =P j/k!

I really enjoyed looking at those food and drinks pix you take, very nice~

vialentino said...

caroline: hahaha...u laugh at her sumore!

bigboysoven: yeah...nice food and cocktails there ...

wyyv: enjoy the food, bday cake and the accompany...main thing is that bday boy is happy.

johanna: yeah....the food and beer is cheap...

uli: yeah...i believe we will be coming back here soon again...to celebrate ur ....

david loh: thanks for ur compliments...i think it is quarter chicken....

yvonne: yeah...we been bombarded with so many food....

hayley: my first magic live show...hahaha

anonymous: thanks.

reanaclaire: hehehe...is ok ler....as long everyone feel happy

ben: hahaha....sorry bout it.

taufulou: urs also not bad, learn from u....faster post...

shell: yeah....really good

chrisau: we enjoy a lot...

smallkuching: actually i was shocked when the flame blow near me and my camera ....totally caught off guard

suituapui: i have resize and reduce the quality to the lowest...hehehe....

jasmine: thanks a lot....just simply take one...kekeke.

berverlys secret: thanks.

mimidevils: the food is nice...miss their food now

thule leo: hahaha...replied to u...not easy to go out...

bbo: ah bok is natural drinker....hahaha

farah: yes....u must try and see....do gv ur honest feedback after dat.

jeane: wow...so long questions. the magic performer provided by movida...not me. for me the chicken , 1 pax will be enuff for me but for female...maybe can be share. thanks.

lisa717: no lah....not pro lah....still learning stage ler...

henrylee: u shud go and try it one day...very good place.

sk: yeah....this is one of the best western food served.....will sure go back again.

jamie oh: thanks .... using d90 ... for this shot, uses 35mm, recommended by damienphotography.com

foodntravella: thanks a lot.

yvonne: yeah...not bad environment but hard to bring kids along....hahaha...

christina: yeah....i am asking him to teach me but it was illusion...i know how that tricks work .... thanks for ur compliment.

xin said...

wow!!! how could i have missed all the great food and magic show?!?!?!

-JayLeo™- said...

wow. nice magic show ! i like ur fav. part too. tissue --> 50 bucks

ck lam said...

Great outing, nice to see everyone having a good time :)

iamthewitch said...

HOI!! Put such an ugly picture of me there!! :P

raj said...

Rome cheap hotels - Rome-Hotels-Near help you to select the hotels in Rome that best meet your personal tastes, desires and needs. Here you can see pictures and find detailed information on all Rome hotels and can choose your favourite based on hotel category, price or location. Find the best Rome Italy hotels and Rome cheap hotels here.

Casendra said...

Vialentino, great photos! Wow, the lounge should have pay u for promoting them. hahaha.. nice to meet you! Great site :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails