My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Little Jakarta Restaurant @ Taman Danau Desa 2

Delicious Indonesian Javanese food ...
  • Have you tried Javanese street food from the streets and alleys of Jakarta ....if NOT, come to this Little Jakarta restaurant located at Taman Danau Desa 2 which is known for it's unique name, taste and flavor close to home.
  • You will be saliva drooling all the way with my delicious food pictures and drinks especially their Cincau Ijo & Cendol Jawa ...

They have Buka Puasa menu too ...
  • If you are not familiar with Taman Danau Desa 2, better follow the GPS co-ordinate I have provided below at the end of my post.

The dessert stall ... @ their entrance walk-way ...



Yes, is real indeed ... just bring Laptop and online there, and you are entitled to one free Javanese Coffee ...



Really give u a feel of a Jakarta home with their lovely lamps and lights and decorations in the restaurant ...


Free Javanese Snacks tasting ... courtesy of the owner's generosity ...

Very nice Stick Tahu , first time trying it ... very good ...


Ah Bok the Ambassador Sales Representative for Stick Tahu ... look at his cute expression ... looks like a Mickey Mouse only ... hahaha

Remus (owner) preparing their signature Cendol with Gula Jawa ....


Gula Jawa ... their own sugar syrup recipe ...


Little Jakarta Javanese Special Cendol ... we love this, taste very good and very refreshing indeed. The coconut milk and the Gula Jawa taste SO SO good ...


I love when dessert are served in the steel bowl ... cause it can remain the cool temperature in the bowl itself than a normal glass bowl ...

Look at the big fresh red beans ... yummy-licious ...


Cincau Ijo Lychee or Longan ... this is yet another stunning dessert I have tasted for the first time ... love the taste of the green cincau jelly ...



This is the first time I see a beautiful and colorful Gado Gado dish ... you will be flattered away into Cloud 9 when you taste this Gado Gado ... one word = delicious


Love the Gado Gado kuah / gravy a lot ...


Beef Rawon ... one of the best beef meat and soup I had ... according to Remus, this is one of the best selling dish where all his customers love to mixed this gravy soup and meat on the white rice as displayed below.


I tried his eating method ... taste really delicious to go with white rice ... love the fragrant and you can simply taste the amount of ingredients they have added to make this perfect Beef Rawon.

Little Jakarta Sambal Petai Prawns ...


Nasi Uduk Complete Set ... we love the Nasi Uduk rice a lot with the side dishes ...




The fried chicken is crispy and very fresh ...


Sayur Lodeh ... love the creamy green curry gravy ...

Pepes Ikan Tenggiri ... it is coated with Otak Otak meat ... taste and smell good.


Sup Sayur Asem ...


Soto Ayam ...


Nasi Goreng Jakarta ... pletiful of seafoods in this fried rice ...




Crispy Sambal Ijo Flying Fish ... here is the dish which is stunned me ... perfectly deep fried with the sambal paste to go with the fresh fish meat ...




It was so delicious that I can have another of this dish ...


Javanese Beef Rendang with Ketupat Rice ...




Witch enjoying her meal very much ...


Sunny, Saucer and Witch ... Saucer caught me taking his picture and faster give me a nice pose of himself ...


Esther busy twitting and FB-ing ...


Yum Yum, Ms. Uli wiping her mouth after her Soto Ayam meal ...


You will love this Teh O Ais Limau drink (Ice Lemon Tea) ... rich in tea and just taste so different from the normal mamak Teh O Ais Limau ....

  • Little Jakarta Restaurant
    GF, No 19, Jalan 4/109F,
    Taman Danau Desa 2,
    58200, Kuala Lumpur

    Tel : 03 7982 6060 & 017 333 5556 ( For enquiries )

    Opening Hours:-Monday - Sunday ( 11am - 10.30 pm )

    GPS coordinate:-N03*05'55.6 E101*41'13.1

28 comments:

Hayley said...

Wow, all look so interesting! the place look nice too!

Joanne Ting said...

Hey Via,

Love your food post, at least all not high-end and fine dining food only. Never heard of Little Jakarta restaurant before but now I know.

Like the flying fish food, must give a try.

I think those girls will come and 'cekik' you for taking their candid shots.

Mei Teng said...

The cendol looks really good. Is there any difference between Javanese cendol and our local version? I like those kidney beans.

suituapui said...

Hehehehehehe!!! I can see Saucer's stuffed cheeks - trying to hide all the food in his mouth! ROTFL!!! Ooooo....I am sure I would love this place - the gado gado, the rendang and ketupat etc etc etc... THIS is the kind of food that I really really like... Drool! Drool!

Yvon S said...

Didn't know there is a restaurant name Little Jakarta. Their foods look delicious.. Cendol satu plsss :)

uLi.佑莉 said...

Aikkks....my face so ugly la! Btw, I love my nangka cendol :P

[SK] said...

wah, the food looks nice, especially the crispy fried chicken, my favourite!! haha, and that TRI ME is cute leh~~ :p

FOODnTRAVELla said...

I was supposed to attend a gathering in this restaurant but couldn't make it. No wonder my friend was telling me the food here is value for money.

Jasmine said...

l love your Little Jakarta Javanese Special Cendol pictures, very attract attention & nice ...

cHrIstInA_YY said...

OMG! Did I just see ice cendol?!!! And all those dishes looked beautiful!

fann fann said...

where is tmn danau desa? is it same place with taman desa? haha

choi yen said...

Is the Gula Jawa = Gula Melaka ?

Caroline Ng May Ling said...

Here got Little Italy! wakakaka!!
as usual, all nice foods from u!
i love the deserts! :P

mwahaha saw witch there! eh i tot u candid saucer! manatau he caught u pula! XD

Anonymous said...

I love javanese food and taste but not sure where is the location of this restaurant.

the cincau dessert looks good. very special indeed.

thule a.k.a leo said...

speaking of Indonesian food, I suddenly crave for ayam penyet :P
the only place that I have ever been to in Taman Danau Desa is Woo Pin fish head noodle.. sure u know about this place :)

yvonne said...

I never had javanese food before. You successfully tempted me. I'm drooling over the food now (er, and the owner, bwahhaha)! Their dishes are so colourful :)

WyYv said...

haha.. bring laptop go and get a free drink.. this is one of the methods how the attract customer huh? lol.. btw, the Javanese's food really looks very nice, I haven't try before..

smallkucing said...

no cumi? :(

Alice Law said...

Die die must try the cendol, it looks great! Hey, the lamp...looks so familiar( I have one at home)!=_="

Thanks for sharing and have a nice day Via!

Ariel Chan said...

Like the Javanese food especially the Javanese Beef Rendang with Ketupat Rice

foongpc said...

OMG! I must visit this restaurant!!

What exactly is gula jawa? How is the Javanese cendol different from our Malaysian cendol? But the cendol looks so delicious!!!

Wow! I want that gado gado! I remember eating gado gado in Bali and it was delicious!!

Eh you didn't mention the price? How's the price? Most Indonesian food are pricey here.

Casendra said...

wah... really looks delicious...

Dora said...

Guess I'll stop-by there & try some of that posted here one weekend since the restaurant is quite near my place.

Big Boys Oven said...

Awesome lar, i wacked the gado gado all by myself, it was good! :)

iamthewitch said...

LOL! You caught me on candid camera again! :P But at least this time looks better than the last one at Movida. :P Love the Green jelly dessert.. really refreshing!

Eileen Tan said...

great food info about javanese food. nice little jakarta restaurant.

Monica said...

i'm drooling!! i love Sambal Petai Prawns :D

btw, i'm following u on twitter too :)

Twilight said...

OMG I didn't even know got this restaurant in my neighbourhood! Ok ok I will go there tomorrow and quote your blog for 50% discount!!!! Yay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails