My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Root Vegetables at Toh Lee Chinese Restaurant, Hotel Nikko Kuala Lumpur

Something healthy for me now, Root Vegetables dinner ...
  • Must be wondering what is a Root Vegetables dinner??? Well, they are something like Potato, White Radish, Yam, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes and etc. Root vegetables are delicious and packed full of precious vitamins and minerals. Not only are they low in calories and high in fibre, root vegetables are bursting with essential nutrients that we should be consuming on a daily basis.
  • Toh Lee Chinese Restaurant is named after a peach tree originated from China. It has a delicate pale pink April flower blooms in masses of solitary stems. “Toh Lee” also known as the “Good Luck Peach”, is a symbol of prosperity as seen in the selection of food served.

It's been numerous time for me to dine in this yummy Chinese Restaurant when I was still working at KLCC ... Toh Lee offers a variety of Beijing and Sichuan cuisine with a touch of fusion.



Located at Level 1 of the Hotel, the restaurant has a spacious and earthy dining interior. It gives a delightfully warm and comfort feeling to its guest.



Love the flower settings on each table ... decided to take a few shot for my collection ...




Double Boiled Sea Clam with “Wai Sun” - very tasty and strong flavouring soup! One could taste the hours used in boiling the soup, with all the ingredients which produced such a delicious and helthy soup for our body.

Love the huge size of the scallop ...


Stewed Lamb with White Radish and Carrot (RM 48.00(Small) , RM 72.00(Medium), RM 96.00(Large)) - The Lamb was cooked till soft and tender. The white radish and carrots absorbed all the aroma smell of the lamb plus the gravy, yummy!


Stir Fried Cod Fish with X.O. Sauce


Very soft and fresh Cod fish meat ... love the XO sauce taste so much


Crispy Roasted Duck in Hong Kong Style


These are the imported pomelo glaze used for the dish below, according to the chef, it's an seasonal vegetables and very difficult to find in the local market. Luckily I have the chance to eat it. Oh yes, it is expensive too!

Turnips Rolls with Pomelo Glaze and Stir Fried Shredded Turnips with Snow Pea and Pinenuts (RM 32.00(Small), RM 48.00(Medium), RM 64.00(Large)) - It was a refreshing way to cook turnips.


When I bite the vegetables in my mouth, I can feel the crunchy sensation feeling ... ooo la la, love this vegetable dish so much.


Poached Potatoes Noodle with Superior Soup and Dried Shrimps (RM 12.00 Per Portion)


Looks like bihun right but it is not ... from potatoes itself ... see the picture below how it was made from ... it was my first time eating potato noodles and it was so delicious and filling.


The chef was so kind to show the preparation steps for this potato noodles in front of us by using his cute little hand machine.


Just spin the roller and here comes the fine potato noodles ... very easy!


Sweet Potato with Gingko Nuts and Honey Syrup (RM10.00 Per portion)


Simply pour a bit of Honey syrup on top of it and you will love the little sweetness of this dessert ...


Let me introduce this Yam Candy with Sesame (RM 10.00 Per plate) - I really must share with you of this unique dessert ... it was my first time to see this kind of dessert actually.


The reason why need to dip the Yam in the ice water is too stick the melted Malt sugar onto the Yam cube together with the sesame. Interesting method right!


When you remove the Yam from the ice water, it will be hardened ...


This is the version of my own Yam candy ... hahaha ...


Obviously, this is the Chef version of his Yam Candy with Sesame ... beautifully done ... hehehe.


This mooncake is not part of the dinner menu actually ... Thanks to Nikko Hotel as we are so lucky to get a sneak taste review on the Hotel Nikko's Mooncake 2010 ... trust me, you would love it!
  • This is one of the healthy dinner I have I think ... Root Vegetables dinner really suits me a lot. Do try it with your family and friends.
  • Platinum Priviledge Card members get to enjoy 20% discount.
  • Location details:-

    Toh Lee Chinese Restaurant (Hotel Nikko Kuala Lumpur)
    165, Jalan Ampang,
    50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

    Tel: +603-2161 1111
    Email: info@hotelnikko.com.my
    Website: http://www.hotelnikko.com.my/

23 comments:

uLi.佑莉 said...

I miss the soup very much le!

Mei Teng said...

The sweet potato and gingko nuts is unusual. I would love to try that out as I love desserts.

I love the use of pine nuts. They're great for salads and other dishes.

vialentino said...

uli: yaloh... the soup better than shark fin ler...

mei teng: pine nuts? let me google and see....very special desserts served in Nikko...something unique and special.

SimpleGirl said...

the desserts are so catchy....yam candy with sesame sounds too good to be missed

vialentino said...

simplegirl: yeah, i am impressed the way they did for the yam candy ... din know that this is dessert is so sophisticated...

yvonne said...

Argh, I hate you for posting these heavenly delicious food! But must really thank you for introducing them - healthilicious! Those fish in X.O. sauce is really tempting.... *salivating*

Caroline Ng May Ling said...

ur picture looks so tempting!!! T.T drool drool drool!!

Rachel said...

omg... delicious food la... so tempting.

levian said...

wow, your photographs are too tempting. i am curious to try out the potato noodles myself too!

[SK] said...

no wonder look so familiar, i've seen this post earlier in uLi's and witch's blog lor, hahaha..

ok, i actually think the potato noodles is very unique.. and i like the sweet potato mash and the yam candy lor..

thule a.k.a leo said...

they have promotion with Citibank credit card right?

email2me said...

The soup are damn nice man ..... very nourishing

Meitzeu said...

Wow~~~
I'm drooling!!

smallkucing said...

drooling..

mimid3vils said...

Interesting making procedure of yam candy~~ The sweet potato so "purple", i guess it was fro Japan?

Jenny Liew said...

Potato noodles, I had a instant potato noodles before and I love it. I prefer to eat the original one. Nice recommendation!

Thamchiak said...

Interesting yam candy. Like your pictures and review a lot.

suituapui said...

Interesting. Food looks yummy...but not all with root veg leh? Like the duck dish...but I love duck! Mooncake! Don't remind me - I've sworn not to buy anymore as they are simply too expensive. Must boycott... When demand decreases, the price will drop too.

Hayley said...

Wow yummy yummy~
I'm more interested in the sweet potato and yam candy!

Anonymous said...

Interesting food. Looks delicious

Esty said...

The potato noodles is so special! I enjoyed having it. lol

cheeyee said...

Wow u always go eat nice food hor. So good. :)

Ringo said...

I went and dine here at this chinese restaurant in Nikko and love the food. Can't wait to try their vegetables menu.

Related Posts with Thumbnails