My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Friday, June 11, 2010

How to make your pictures looks lively in blogsite

To remain at 500 pixels width OR to enhance to 600 pixels?
  • Got a notable comment from a reader that great DSLR images should be set in 600 pixels width if published in websites.
  • Do help me to decide for my future post and pictures whether should it be 600 pixels. My concern is that it will be much bigger file size for the readers to load and view. If that doesn't matter for the readers concern just for nice pictures, I will change it to 600 pixels in my coming post.
  • Need your opinion to help me to decide. Thanks.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Via,

For nice DSLR images, you may upload in Flickr or create a photoblog instead. For your blogsite, the pictures looks great and outstanding in 500 pixels and I believe most of the viewers would prefer to see the pictures load quickly in the website.

I vote to remain 500 px.

smallkucing said...

i would prefer the pic to load faster.

Mei Teng said...

It depends on your blog layout. If I were to expand my images to 600...it would not fit my blog page.

It's really up to you whether you want to increase to 500. I try not to exceed 540 as I think too big does not appear to be very nice on my blog.

Lisa717 said...

Well bro, I have zero knowledge on those size or resolution or pixels~ But from what i see in your post..i m superb satisfy with the clear pics that u posted here..n I guess u can remain in such size^^ Good luck, bro~

uLi.佑莉 said...

I normally did mine at 600 width lo :0

Tan Keong Kim said...

i prefer pictures to load faster. better don't upgrade to 600 pixels. so far your 500 pixels looks way too good.

vialentino said...

wow....i think i know what i want, i like sites which load up quickly too.

to change to 600pixels to suit blog template easy as the blogger have the new design editor template. very easy to change your page layout and size.

i will remain with 500 pixels and ensure the page loading will be viewed quickly esp those using broadband.

thanks for ur advice.

Caroline Ng May Ling said...

alll pictures look nice ord wat! hehe. just remain la. :)

kenwooi said...

cant please everyone =)

vialentino said...

caroline: sure sure...thanks.

kenwooi: yeah...but this is for my self satisfaction also....500 vs 600 got difference on the picture itself....hehehe

suituapui said...

Not a pro in these things...but I just wanna say - your photos are all very very very very very nice already. I don't see any need to change, if you ask me.

nrewq said...

Changing from 500 to 600 really depends mainly on your blog theme. Usually that's the case when ppl make the switch.

Technically loading time shouldn't change that much but then again, streamyx has been real horrible of late. :(

hEnRy said...

from what u posted previously not bad already. 500 will load a little bit faster...

500 still produce great photos

Related Posts with Thumbnails