- If not, let me introduce the Taff family led by a very young pretty food entrepenuer -Qistina Taff along with Chef Najib where the Taff’s family has more than 19 solid years in the food business.
- As a preamble to his brand of flavours and his soon-to-open restaurant, Chef Najib had invited us, foodies, for an exclusive photo shoot and food tasting.
- We were warmly greeted by Qistina and Liyana and her warm family members ... Actually this is my first experience to do a food review and photo shooting at a restaurant owner house. It was an awesome and good experience for me as it requires special flash equipment and photography equipments.
- Splendid dining table setup with carefully arranged silvery cutlery, bone-china plates with gold trimmings & Bohemian crystal drinking glasses and best of all, it was next to the pool side ... with perfect sunny weather @ first ... before we moved into the living room when it starts to rain in the late afternoon ... it was a good thing that we manage to capture the shooting at two different environment mode.
The dishes prepared @ Taff family home kitchen ...
- Time to show you the dishes cooked at their own home kitchen and not in their restaurant ... I am amazed with the Chef creations where the Chef manage to cook, prepare and deco the dishes like a 6-star Hotel dishes ...
Chilled Watermelon Cubes topped with Persian feta, Basil and Balsamic vinegar. One full spoon into your mouth for the first time, you will take another spoon and another spoon & another spoon ....
Portobello Mushroom Pesto Bruschetta. One of the best bruschetta I have! The bread crispy texture goes well with this ... u can hear the 'krunch krunch' sound when u ate it in your mouth ... really goes well with the mushroom!!!
Another round of Portobello Mushrooms followed served in a bigger plate, this time roasted and stuffed with steamed couscous and laced with finely chopped calamari, sliced black olives and sun-dried tomatoes. It was topped with Napoli sauce and had a sprinkling of feta cheese. The juicy and unexpected flavours were utterly pleasing!!
The Flame-Grilled Sirloin Angus (with pumpkin puree, onion relish, filed mushroom and sautéed asparagus) was perfectly medium rare and tender. Baby Dylan love this dish a lot esp the pumpkin puree ... he ate the whole pumpkin puree portion ... was way too delicious!!!
- Anxiously can't wait to figure what is next dish will be serving to us for tasting ... so excited feeling!!
Next was the ... Pan-fried Cod, lightly crisp on the outside and soft and moist inside. Najib’s potato fondant which accompanied the fish enhanced its flavour. The cod was so fresh as when you ate the cod, you can feel the soft texture of the fish meat and it melts in your mouth without chewing it.
It is dessert time ... the Chef introduce his Banoffee with deliciously cooked sliced bananas and crisp almond tart shell. Very crispy and I had two of this ... it was way too good and definately one is not enough to satisfy my stomach capacity.
As I said, the Chef suprise us with this yummy looking Tiramisu cake which was an excellent choice to end the dinner. I can say one of the best Tiramisu cake in the town ...
- Now let me introduce you the Chef behind all the dishes. Introducing you the handsome looking, brilliant and friendly - Chef Najib Hamid ... The chef himself, a Le Cordon Bleu graduate, greeted us warmly.
- I really salute on his culinary and cooking skills ... the gang and myself truly enjoy all the dishes cooked by him.
Guess what ... Chef Najib is same age as me , a Sabahan. After graduating from an institution in Adelaide, Najib worked in Melbourne as a commis chef and was later promoted to executive chef.
- Esther and Coco taking the opportunity to have picture taken with Chef Najib.
A very nice and warm family ... we feel that we are part of their family ...
- Thanks to Chef Najib, Qistina (in blue outfit) and Liyana (in white top) for their great hospitality and the special personal invitation to their home to conduct the food review. Also thanks to their little brother in the picture who plays and accompany Dylan while me and Yve busy tasting the food ...
- To check out their current outlets run by this family .... Have you join their Facebook fan page, if not, you can join at the following links below;
Serai Satay Bar
Serai Thai Restaurant
- Najib’s planning to open his own restaurant very soon in Subang Jaya, so look out for it.