My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Thursday, May 06, 2010

A joyous family dinner @ House of Tang, Bangsar

House of Tang Welcomes You and Your Parents to a Joyous and Healthy Dinner
  • After cruising thru the heavy rain with my stomach sounding noisy-ly. Brought my family to try a new cook taste in a restaurant.
  • The location was @ Bangsar and is my first time to dine in House of Tang. Indeed I was impressed with the facade of this restaurant, very western atmosphere because of the al-fresco dining area in the gardens, beautifully decorated with flowers, pots and lights. It was located along a row of semi-d trendy restaurants which offering it’s own unique cuisine. The House of Tang which offers a wide range of Chinese home cooking cuisine.



  • The place was beautiful as the garden was so well maintained and so was with the interior, elegant.

  • The interior is simple. Actually it's just like another ordinary restaurant but cosy due to the limited number of tables and only 4 private rooms.

  • Most concurs that nothing is more devoted than parents’ love. Do you remember their faces while rushing you to the clinic in the midst of a stormy night? That was love emanated from a selfless heart. And unfaltering love was the greenhouse we were raised.

    House of Tang holds firm that harmony and joy is the root and trunk for all happy families. Remembering our parents’ toil and sacrifices to bring us up is the way to preserve that root. Honoring their efforts with achievements in life is the way to grow that trunk. How do we honor them if we were unhealthy? We deeply understand this and here in House of Tang, we are assertive to dismiss the use of any artificial flavoring and MSG. We also go light on salt and sauces, hoping to give our patrons the healthiest feasts ever, just like how mom cooked, only more extravagant.

The delicious food ... suitable for all ...
  • If I tell you that this is my first time drinking this kind of soup - Crab Meat Broth with Mushroom and Bean Curd ... thou it sounds a very simple soup dish but what makes the difference is the taste of it and the way they mixed the ingredients around ... it taste similar to a shark fin soup but even better!!!
  • A very nice dish to start your appetite ... lots of ingredients in this soup. The sliced dice of taufu is very soft as u can swallow into your mouth without chewing it. With the combination of the mushroom, the soup taste awesome and tasty. FYI, I had 3 bowls of this.



Crab Meat Broth with Mushroom and Bean Curd

  • Another very traditional family dish which cooked by everyone is the Fried Bean Sprouts. The House of Tang's Fried Bean Sprouts was specially unique ... when I had the first bite, it was so crunchy. Reminds me of Ipoh bean sprouts, big and crunchy when you cook and ate it.


Fried Bean Sprouts

  • We wanted to try out their soup ... we ordered the Drunken Chicken in Hot Pot. It have some chinese wine taste with the red ling zhi. This soup is very healthy for your body. I love the taste a lot.


Drunken Chicken in Hot Pot

  • For few meters away before the dish was brought into the dining room, I can smell the strong fragrant Petai smell. I love to eat this dish a lot if you are a Petai lover ... the Petai smells better than Durian definitely to me. It is best ate with the fried sambal ... the taste is wonderful and love the freshness of the prawns.


Fried Sambal Petai Prawns

  • I love the fish a lot and the meat was soft and tender and the soup is delicious. Unlike from the soya sauce, the gravy soup taste sweet and sourish. It is nice to eat together with the fish meat and soup in your spoon. Take a bite and you are in Cloud 9!!!


Steamed Grouper in ‘Teow Cheow’ style
  • Woah ... me and my family love this dish a lot - Braised Pork Layered with Taro (picture below) ... thou many thinks this is a sinful dish due to numbers of fats. To me, if you eat this kind of dish once a while to satisfy your cravings, it should be alright.
  • When I took the first bite into my mouth ... the meat was soft and the fats really melt in your mouth. Then you continue to take the slice of yam and it was delicious with the thick gravy sauce.


Braised Pork Layered with Taro

  • House of Tang's Fried Hokkien Noodles is a must ordered dish ... this is one of the best hokkien noodles I had. Very similar taste to the famous Penang Hokkien Noodles. It was fried with enough heat from the wok and the smell was very fragrant with pork lard "chui yao char"

Fried Hokkien Noodles with Prawns


  • I am fried rice lover and Yve knows it as I can eat the entire plate of it. I was told that this is the restaurant signature fried rice.
  • This is something new to me as when I ate the rice, you can feel some thing crunchy in your mouth which is the water chestnuts ... awesome taste of eating it.

Soon Tak Fried Rice with Water Chestnuts
  • We ordered another additional dish as I was told by Ken that this is a must side order dish. I took his advice and no regrets at all. The taste was similar to the above Fried Hokkien Noodles but eating together with the Hor Fun, it brings out another different unique taste. It goes well with the hor fun as well.


Combination of Hor Fun 'Kuey Teow' and Hokkien Noodles

  • Tang Yuan ( 汤圆) or tangtuan (汤团), is a Chinese food made from glutinous rice flour. Glutinous rice flour is mixed with a small amount of water to form balls and is then cooked and served in boiling water. Filled tangyuan (Yuan Xiao) can be filled with a wide variety of ingredients including red bean paste, chopped peanuts and sugar, sesame paste (ground black sesame seeds mixed with lard and sugar), rock sugar (which would create a hot, melting caramel-like filling), etc.
  • I love this colorful Tang Yuan served by House of Tang, it was chewy when you put into your mouth and it was smooth when you swallow it together with the sweet fillings.


Assorted Tang Yuan (Glutinous Ball)

  • After all the nice dishes and a nice cup of chinese tea to cleanse my internal body system, I feel happy and satisfied. It truly lift up the name as one of the Joyous dinner I had together with my family.
  • Do take a look on their food menu, I would say the food really worth the price you pay for. Do click on the image below to enlarge.


Click on the picture to enlarge

  • Reserve your unique homey yet elegant dinner or lunch with them today! It takes is just one meal, and you will taste their unwavering sincerity.
  • For enquiries or reservation, you may contact House of Tang at 03-2282 1111 or email: dine@houseoftang.com.my or you can visit their website at http://www.houseoftang.com.my/

22 comments:

suituapui said...

Ooo...the food looks real good! Crab broth quite popular in many places - but without the mushroom and tofu...same as sharks' fins soup except more crab meat and no sharks' fins. Drool...I'd love the pork too! Yum!

Mei Teng said...

Wow...a sumptous meal! The sambal petai looked so yummy and I love tong yuen!

Too lazy to click on the menu...but was the dinner expensive? The restaurant decor is beautiful.

uLi.佑莉 said...

Wao...the Fried Sambal Petai Prawns looks very delicious. I like petai very much lo....And the Tang Yuan so colorful...nice :)

smallkucing said...

I love hokkien mee. That one looks so yummy.

jfook said...

The tang yuan looks too colourful to me..LOL other than that I guess it's gonna be an awesome meal.

iamthewitch said...

Wah I love cod fish! And the tang yuan really colourful! I wonder if they use original or artificial colouring..

vialentino said...

suituapui: yeah, the pork very fast finish...very nice ler...

meiteng: they got diff menu package...from 200-600...quite ok loh for a family dinner

uli: yeah...the night i went home and pee....the petai smell very geng ler...can smell from ur pee...

smallkuching: like the hokkien noodles...forgot to took their sambal chili sauce....very good to go with it

jfook: yeah....a very joyous and happy dinner for the family...

iamthewitch: natural coloring...kekeke....

SonnyKazu said...

oooh... nice post! Will visit that place one day together with my family. :D

Jimmy K said...

i tried the dim sum before...very nice. is this their latest menu promotion? will try it this weekend.

Cath J said...

Food are so lovely.... ^_^

ChrisAu said...

woah!!! I'm lost for words man!

reanaclaire said...

sedapnya... u sound like their spokesman.. got discount or not if mention your name? :p

Jo-AnNe said...

nice restaurant with delicious foods!

Anonymous said...

I love to dine in this restaurant a lot. The food was fantastic!!!!

Big Boys Oven said...

it was and definttely a nite to remember and do deep thinking! :)

Alice Law said...

A spread of very authentic chinese cuisine! I love crab meat mushromm and beancurd soup broth too(Tau Hu Gang), there is one restaurant in Klang very famous with this dish, yummy!

I think it must be very expensive, a table of 5 person might cost up to RM200?!!

xin said...

love the environment! cozy and very chinese.

Ting Ting said...

called up and fully booked for mother's day :(

email2me said...

So healthy spread and good for senior peoples ....

Anonymous said...

Hi:

I have already been enjoying vialentino.blogspot.com just being a lurker for a bit of time now.
I thought that I need to get involved and interact with the other users here.
I'm expecting to meet plenty of fascinating persons and discover some wonderful stuff.

Hopefully this message didn't find itself in an inappropriate area. Please forgive me if "Submit a Ticket" is unsuitable.

--------------------

JAMAL BUTLER
Insurance Lawyer

Anonymous said...

I've always liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to good of rightful fritter away space staring at it as a configuration of catharsis. In a opportunity, it helps me with meditation, to relieve emphasis and decent assume just about nothing. That's why since I was a kid, in place of of dolls and cars I've eternally sedate more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, dulcet boxes etc. So I was most pleased when I start the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Spry Appear Laser Ace Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com under the aegis the Toys section. It's like a musical belt, a spinning top, and a berate verify all rolled into one. Which is spectacular relaxation! The gyroscope pleasure outing after around a minute. The laser explanation pretension with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a measure unique bauble that my friends have also been most amused with.

My dogs are also fair intrusive nearly the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They evermore attend the gyroscope as it spins, although at principal they kept barking at the laser light advertise, and also because it produces music. But after they got employed it, they've stopped barking but simply maintain following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also attractive amused next to it. Off it's good to maintain diverting toys about the blood so that you can go away the bit of frippery trifle with on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you count provide for viands or sock changed. The gyroscope is unified such toy with this purpose.

The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a pattern on it, and produces a taper accompany with red, dispirited, and unskilled colours. Pit oneself against a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser light show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that enormous but decorous sufficiency to consider any new roomer to the house. The gyroscope is red and raven, making it look extraordinarily cold, and somewhat masculine with that dragon imprint.

The music luminescence plain gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also acclimatized this gyroscope to surprise my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy terror of decorating the hotel latitude with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as correctly so that the laser brighten show produces a romantic effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the moonlight effects created a degree romanticist atmosphere. She loved it, not later than the style, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my oversight shopping locality in return all gifts and ideas for emotional occasions.

Since Christmas is coming, this laser lamp upstage gyroscope can dialect mayhap be a great Christmas gift in behalf of the toddler or methodical the humour! Alternatively, the gyroscope can absolutely be a nice totalling to the usual Christmas decorations. I can fancy placing it adjoining the Christmas tree and maybe spinning it when guests reach in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my duty still again!

Anonymous said...

A shared snare hosting service or effective hosting utilization or derive tummler refers to a net hosting service where many websites reside on joke web server connected to the Internet. Each site "sits" on its own partition, or section/place on the server, to regard it detach from other sites. This is customarily the most thrifty privilege on account of hosting, as uncountable people allocation the overall set someone back of server maintenance.
[url=http://hostinghouse.pl]hosting[/url]

Related Posts with Thumbnails