- Now, you don't have to drive all the way down to Teluk Gong or Kuala Selangor for fresh Crab seafood. I was recommended by my colleague to taste the crab in this Pork Free restaurant located in Taipan, USJ 9. I went there with my colleagues for a seafood dinner to reward ourself with our hardwork.
- Got to know that this restaurant have been operating for many years before a new restaurant owner took over the business since last year.
- I was told that the new owner focusing in the seafood freshness and enhancing the food quality to a next level. The owner even purposely went all the way to Kuala Selangor to choose the crab itself (from Bangladesh).
- It was my lucky day when we bumped into the restaurant owner - Mr. Alphonse Peter who saw us carrying our big camera lens ... he joined us together and explain to us in his every dish.
Lots of crab speciality served in this restaurant with their home made sauce and recipe. I asked the owner why some restaurant can sell RM 18 -22 per kg crab and his is selling RM 42 - 54 per kg? He told me that the size of the crab is small and probably a frozen crab and not a fresh live crab.
The nice owner allowed me to go to the kitchen to catch one of the crab for this picture.
Luckily their claws were tied else I don't have the guts to hold the crab ...
One of their signature dish ... Dancing Fried Rice (RM 6 small, RM 12 medium, RM 16 big portion). Why is it called Dancing Fried Rice? ... simply because of the bonito flakes was placed on top of the freshly fried rice and u can see it dancing ...
Salted Duck Egg Soft Shell Crab (RM 36.00) - the saltiness was just absolutely perfect with the strong duck egg flavored the dish and goes very well with the soft shell crab. We ordered two plate of this ...
The restaurant owner share with me his hot stone pot which he bought from Singapore ...
The normal Belacan Brinjal is not served in the hot stone pot as the picture above. The restaurant owner wants to try to serve the Belacan Brinjal (RM 6 small, RM 8 medium, RM 12 big portion) in the hot stone pot to get the real taste out of it. I would say it is a good way to keep the dishes warm and nice to eat. The fragrant of the food did came out as you can hear the sizzling sound.
Fried Man Tou buns - Apparently they steamed the buns before frying it them ... crispy fresh man tou served, when I ate it, it is crispy and you can hear the chuckling sound in your mouth when you chewing it.
Nyonya Crab (RM 42 per kg & RM 54 per kg for big male crab) - my favourite and goes well with the fried man tou ... it taste spicy enough for me and like the nyonya taste of it. It is one of their hot selling crab dish in the restaurant.
Complimentary dish (homemade taufu) by the restaurant owner ... not in the menu yet but soon will be inserted in their new food menu once he have perfected it. To me it is already a perfect taufu dish.
Golden Egg Crab with Cheese (RM 42 per kg & RM 54 per kg for big male crab) - Nothing can goes wrong with this cheesie crab ... sauce was thick and strong in egg and cheese taste. Nice to eat with the fried man tou.
Look at how fresh the crab is ... the small flakes of white meat sticking from the body itself ... MEAT TASTE is so SWEET ...
Look at the freshness of the meat ... sticking together naturally ... the meat is so tender and I am savoring the enjoyment of the tenderness and you can smell the aroma of the freshness itself.
- All the food served is cooked with balance in mind. I totally enjoy eating fresh seafood in this restaurant and really thanks to the friendly restaurant owner for his hospitality.
- I would say the price is reasonable for the huge crab & freshness we are paying for.
No 3-1, Jln USJ 9/5N,
47620 Subang Jaya
Tel: 03-8024 0013