My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Venezuelan Cooking Workshop @ School of Culinary Arts, Berjaya University College of Hospitality

Awesome Venezuelan cooking experience with Berjaya School of Culinary Arts students ...
  • I honestly must tell you that I regretted study and graduated as a Computer Science graduant after spending my half day in the kitchen @ BUCH (Berjaya University College of Hospitality). I never know cooking is so that fun and so many recipes and methods to learn and study ...

  • This time, I had the opportunity to experience Venezuelan cooking workshop and thanks to Chef Tamara, Mr. Carlos, First Secretary of Embassy of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and Mae, Chief Operating Office of BUCH for giving me this awesome experience.
  • Do read below for my wonderful venture of throwing flours here and there :)

  • The dishes will be Venezuelan food .... oh yes, I just simply love Venezuelan food now ...
  • I am going to have the first hand to know wether is it simple or hard to prepare Venezuelan food with my own fingers! I will share the end result of my experience at the end of my post.

  • Strict to the kitchen rules, you bet that you wouldn't want to see my hair on your dish ... therefore, due to cleaniness hygiene, I would need to wear the apron and hat.

  • Everyone been assigned with own duty and dishes ... as for me, I need to understand the usage of each pan and work and learning the ingredients ...
  • Thanks to the friendliness of the students guiding me and answering all my questions ... they are so helpful even the BUCH demo to me how to cut vegetables ...

  • Their ingredients and veges and prawns is so fresh than the morning market nearby my house ...
  • Me and Sidney are assigned to prepare Creamy Pumpkin Soup with tangarine juice and coriander ... first step is to collect all the listed ingredients from the food shelves.

  • At here, I got to experience and learn the proper method to peel, squash, grind, cut, slice, bake and hammering! ... unlike I learn during my college time in Comp Science where I spent 12 hrs typing at the keyboard only ...

  • I must tell you one thing I love cooking at here ... cause I just sweat a bit as I love the powerful aircond cooling down the kitchen ...
  • Me truly focus in my pumpkin soup! Really can't wait for the end result of the soup taste ... no worries at all cause I have the help from Chef Tamara to guide me.

  • Chef Tamara brought her own secret recipe specially for the Basmati Rice ... I would like to share with you the Tonka Beans
  • Tonka Beans - originated from Venezuela. These seeds of the large tropical Tonka tree have the fragrance reminiscent of newly mown hay or a freshly cut meadow. They have a high coumarin content, which provides a sweet, herblike fragrance. Tonka beans were and may still be used as an adulterant to vanilla.

  • I admired Chef Tamara on her cooking passionate in Venezuelan cooking ... she is so friendly and giving many advice to us to perfect the Venezuelan dishes.
  • She will demo to us the right method to cook and how the ingredients was to be done. I am not a cooking expert but I really find it is quite easy to cook a Venezuelan dish.

  • Sidney showing his cutting skill while Chef Tamara examines his art of cutting ... thought Sidney just knows how to bake only :p

  • Another snap shot of the cooking workshop in this state of the art kitchen ... I wish I have this type of kitchen in my house ...
  • Oh wow, I love the fire scene flaming out from the pan , this is called real hardcore cooking!

The food we have prepared and cooked ...

  • Let me introduce you the dish below;

Chicken Breast with Chocolate and Ginger sauce


Green Plantain Cups Stuffed with Cheese or Chicken


Shredded Salad - Cabbage, Carrots and Pineapple


Sidney & mine signature dish - Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Tangarine juice and Coriander


Stuffed Avocado with Shrimps


Basmati Rice with Tonka Beans ... this taste better than our traditional coconut milk rice (Nasi Lemak)



Coconut custard topping a Genoise
  • Finally at the end of the workshop, we got to taste every of the cooked dishes during the workshop.
  • Honestly, this is the best cooked food I have ever cook for anyone and even to my wife ... everything taste so good and yummy.
  • Cooking Venezuelan dishes is easier than cooking any other dishes ... the taste really suits Malaysians taste bud. A big round applause to Chef Tamara for the wonderful and excellent job well done in introducing Venezuelan cooking

  • At the end of the workshop session ... every of the students included Sidney and myself were presented with a Certificate for completing cooking a Venezuelan dish.

  • Mae just love our dish so much ... thanks once again to Mae for the invite for this event.
  • I really had a great time cooking with Chef Tamara and the BUCH students ... really give me motivation to try to cook the dish at my own home kitchen.
  • I really hope that I can come back to cook here again or host a cooking class one day.

9 comments:

LittleLamb said...

wow..fantastic experience. how did u get invited? i also want..

Jacob said...

Interesting cooking school, I seriously did not know there is one prestige cooking school other than KDU, I like their kitchen concept. Will let my friends know to check out this college.

ck lam said...

A great exposure and experience!
Btw...love your new template too :)

xin said...

wah!!! how come now can learn cooking also???

kenwooi said...

pro chef in the making! =P

Lulu said...

Great experience!

How I wish I can do Venezuelan cooking....nxtime rmb attach the recipes! ^^

email2me said...

I am so regret now for not able to attend~!

fatboybakes said...

ooh, what fun, get to attend these cooking classes.

Boroo & Rain said...

I will there soon guys. :D IM soo happy and happy

Related Posts with Thumbnails