- Malaysians will have the opportunity to taste the most delicious and exotic dishes which used to be made in Venezuela 200 years ago, and now, two centuries after the country's achievement of freedom, have become a culinary master pieces by celebrity Chef Tamara Rodriquez.
- For a week, food, music, dance, photography, business and party enjoyment will be the way to share happiness on the occasion of the Commemoration of the Venezuelan Bicentennial of Independence.
- Celebrity Chef Tamara Rodriquez inconjunction with the annual celebration of the 'Fifth Venezuelan Week' in Malaysia has come all the way from Venezuela to indulge Malaysians with her unique recipes, specially prepared on the occasion of her country's Bicentennial anniversary of Independence.
- With her expert knowledge on the development of exotic and fusion dishes using a selection of ancient Venezuelan ingredients cocoa and indigenous spices and fruits, nuts and meat, Chef Tamara has created a special menu for the occasion of the bicentennial celebration which will present Malaysians with the unparallel experience to savour the tastes of Venezuela.
- Picture below: Mr. Tim Quarm, General Manager of Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur giving his opening and welcome speech for the occasion.
- Picture below: His Excellency Mr. Manuel Guzman Hernandez, Ambassador of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela giving his speech to officiate the event.
- Picture below: Ms. Angela Thexeira, Director of Student Administration of the Berjaya University College of Hospitality giving her speech.
- Chef Tamara gave a suprise to His Excellency Mr. Manuel Guzman Hernandez to be called upon to come to the center stage to cook with Chef Tamara.
- You will be suprise that His Excellency demostrating his excellent cooking culinary arts skill.
- The Venezuela Gastronomic Festival is held at the Eccucino, Level 1 @ Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur.
- It is a very nice place to dine here with the surrounding relaxing ambience to dine with your friends or family.
- I love the decorations with the Venezuelan theme ... give u a home feel of the Venezuelan culture and living ...
- Oh yes, you can see this cute colorful mask placed around everywhere and captures everyone attention for photo taking ...
- Will post more about the behind scenes in my later post ...
- Middle of the event, the guests was entertained with a dance performance by this lovely couple below.
- Ok, here comes the food part where everyone saliva will starts to drool. Honestly, I must say that this is my first time tasting a Venezuelan food. I am so delighted to take my first bite and taste of it.
- Let me talk about Venezuelan food ... Venezuela is a melting-pot of wonderful culinary flavours which owes its fusion to its strong ties to Spain, Portugal, Italym France, Africa and Native America.
- The food inVenezuela today is a mixture of its colonial past and has an amazing blend of spices that has been infused in the current methods of cooking which include the use of sweet peppers, garlic, corn, maize, beans yam, peanuts and coriander.
Hot Dishes - Asado Negro
Tamal stuffed with spicy black beans and wrapped in banana leaves
Roasted Caramel Beef
White Fish Fillet with cashews and nutmeg sauce
Tachira-style Stuffed Hen
Lamb Leg in coconut sauce
Palo a pique - Black Beans and Rice
Desserts - Bienmesabe
Assorted BBQ cooked in Tepanyaki style
Rows of sushi variety.
Variety of kerepok (crackers)
Sashimi & variety of seafood.
Variety of Desserts.
Ice cream ...
Assorted mouth watering desserts and cakes.
Assorted Malay Kuih and Desserts.
Assorted mouth watering desserts and cakes.
Variety of fruits ...
- I must say that my tummy says satisfied on that night and what I can summed it up that Venezuelan food was great and yummy... I went for 4 rounds of food and 2 rounds of desserts ... the taste of Venezuelan food was just so-so addictive ....
- This lavish spread will be available at the Eccuucino Restaurant at the Prince Hotel and Residence Kuala Lumpur from 12th till 18th April 2010.
- Buffet dinner at RM 88++ per person. I can say that it's worth to try Venezuelan food for the reasonable price.
- Details can be found here:-
Eccucino Restaurant, Level 1
Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Conly, KL
Tel: 03-21708888 extension 8119/8120 or
Time: 6:30pm - 10.30pm