My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Self test DSLR shots @ own home

Best way to practise your DSLR shooting skills is @ your home ...
  • I have asked my DSLR pro advisors ... to test and to master your DSLR shooting skills ... the best place is at your own home.
  • You can setup the lightings and objects arrangement ... with that, you can take thousands of test shots and compare.
  • Most importantly, write down the settings in your note book to learn the settings. This is a very good piece of advice ... seriously.

Give your feedback and learn with me ...

  • Let me show you some of the shots and settings I have taken ...

- I am taking mini objects to take the sharpness of the object ...


- My main focus object is the Buddha Head ... I am trying to test the composition and lightings to highlight my main object. This is the best picture I've come out with.


- Top pic: I am testing on the vibrance of the color sharpness of the medal laneyard and white balance. I have pre-set the color balance. My focus point is the year 2009 number ... Middle pic: Taken without flash and I bumped up the ISO to above ISO 1000. No photo touch up and this is the result ... Bottom pic: I have resize this image ... my main focus is the sea shell inside the bottle ... testing the composition and angle of the picture too.


- I know it is a bit underexposed but I am playing with the manual focus point ... can you see the difference? No touch up for this pictures too
  • With that ... thanks to all my camera advisors - Imran, Loke, CK, Wai Yee, Uli, Vincent for your advices and sharing me your experiences. I will continue practise and practise and PRACTISE ...

8 comments:

SJ said...

your focus is gd

A smile from SJ =)

CH Voon said...

GOOD camera... really can get better photos quality!

look nice

kenwooi said...

nicee..
i like to play with focusing too.. =P

kenwooi.com

Agnes said...

Nice shoot!!

Cath J said...

Love it...

Nxt time will you please state down your 'measurement'... LOL.... hehehheh... so at least we(We??? or me..;-p) can try it out... heheheh

measurement like.. how much ISO.. speed capture and the aperture... Thanks sifu... ^_^

cHrIstInA_YY said...

Nice captures! And nice swarovski crystals too!

Squidö said...

whoaaaaaaaaa! nice shoots!!!!!

uLi.佑莉 said...

I like the buddha face too :) Btw, I am not advisor le...me paliah photographer...hahahah! Glad to see your skill improving...make sure when reach my ROM time dy 80% ya :p

Related Posts with Thumbnails