My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ruen Mai Thai restaurant, Krabi

A Great Thai Restaurant in Krabi ...
  • Yve have gathered all the famous Krabi restaurants which food hunters must go and try. One of it was this Ruen Mai restaurant which was very popular in Krabi.
  • Ruen Mai Restaurant located in the southern town of Krabi.
  • The name of Ruen Mai means wooden (mai) house (ruen) and it was, in fact, located in a graceful older wooden house. We were charmed by the decor, which was understated and consisted of beautiful Thai objects.

  • The entrance to Ruen Mai is simple, just a little dirt road off the main road. It’s hidden from view, so entering into this restaurant made me feel like I’ve stepped off into some exotic oasis.
  • And yes, the roundtrip taxi fare cost more than the dinner ... the taxi fare was 700 baht (RM 70) and dinner cost 520 baht (RM 52)

  • It serves impeccably delicious food in a beautiful setting. Look at my dinning place ... big lantern light under the tree ... cool huh.
  • The only drawbacks of this place is filled with mosquito and it is humid cause there is no fan at all. I was sweating badly when enjoying the food cause there is no wind blow as well.


The food ...
  • The food pics quality not that good as takenon my digital camera and not the best of pictures.
  • The portion was huge ... esp the pork dish ... gosh ... not able to finish the meat at all. Taste nice, very alike like the Cantonese stir fried pork.
  • The fried asparagus with shrimp was my favourite dish ... the prawn is fresh and this dish is very cheap (RM 15).

  • This restaurant served one of the best Tom Yam Kung soup but in my later post, I will post the BEST Tom Yam Kung in Krabi!
  • It really taste spicy and sour ... very balance of the taste which makes u want to sip more even ur tongue feel spicy a bit.
  • The pork in black pepper was too spicy for me and yve .... they cooked in mild spicy only ... wahsei ....ear until my stomach feel the flame inside.

  • 315/5 Maharaj RoadMuang Krabi,
    81000 Thailand.
    Tel : 075-63179
  • If you're ever in Krabi, this is one restaurant you don't want to miss!

Plants & Flowers in Krabi ...

  • Not related to Ruen Mai food post above ... I just want to share some of the macro shots I took on the plants and flowers I came across in Krabi.

  • Very unique flower below ...

  • Stay tune for more Krabi post, this is just 5% of my holiday post only!

12 comments:

eugene said...

Bro, i thought Krabi must take a lot of beach, blondes or bikini pictures one, how come here only food food food.

may be next few posts you will do to fulfill my wish, right?

Adrian & Aeiween said...

LOL Eugene so naughty! wanna see bikini photos.. :p

Hey Via, you know what... i just realized maybe i have been to Krabi before.. but it was many years ago.. that time i was followed my daddy to there.. hehe...

uLi.佑莉 said...

Yummy and nice place :) Dang...I am so hungry now le...still sitting at office do my work :(

Cindy Khor said...

yve look very pretty in all the photos, you really are a lucky man ^__^

hate mosquitos when dining, why didn't they provide any fan or something, but the tom yam kung looks really good...

kenwooi said...

the atmosphere is good!
and the flower is wow.. weird? =P

kenwooi.com

reanaclaire said...

hey..krabi is in thailand? gosh.. between u and me, i flopped my geog one.. krabi.. krabi.. mana ah...

Cath J said...

BEAUTIFUL photos..

That unique plants was a type of orchid!! I have that at my mom house and when the flowers out..superb!!!!

^_^

Twilight Zone said...

Hey dude, the place looks so similar to the Tamarind Thai Restaurant near KL's Ukay Heights! Wow your taxi fare was higher than your food. Ridiculous! You know I grew up in Thailand but yet to visit Krabi. My grandpa was once the CPO there too. Time to visit soon!

chrisau said...

woah..i love tom yum and it's so authentic in thailand! Nice resort bro!

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

thenomadGourmand said...

Cheap food but expensive taxi! Hehe..
I tot the food here should be expensive since its a tourist-sy area...

got time for dinner tmw - thus?
Jaya One - frontera. 8pm. I ordered mole - mexican choc curry!

TheFonz said...

where's the naked chicks on the beach?

Related Posts with Thumbnails