My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Behind the Scenes of RBT Project

5 casualties, laughter, stress, firing in the project ... read it
  • I know I have been not replying comments regularly due to my work. Finally one of my project successfully roll out. By the way, I can't stop to relax and take a break, been assigned with 2 new projects.
  • Anyway, I wanna talk about this RBT project as this is my first mega project assigned to me when I joined 016 company. Lots of unforgettable memories for me when I am managing this projects.
  • I believe I will miss the stressfull & fun times in this project with my team members and vendor.
  • Below the pics you looking at are the pics I took during the project migration into production for one of my major project.

I sponsored 2 bottles of sparkling juice for successful migration. Vendor been buying heavy snacks for supper .... everyone fed well and gained weight after this project! Imagine eating a Big Mac at 3am!
  • So far 5 casualties fall sick due to over-worked ... the vendor told me that 2 of their developers have admitted to hospital and doctor mentioned that they are over-worked. A few of my team members did fall sick but luckily did not admit to hospital.
  • As for me, I am trying to stay healthy ... in fact I did take some pain killers (Panadol) cause too many things into my brain and the stress of this project.
  • My team members did come at night to continue their testing and they have a few days of sleepless nights. As for me, for 3 days, I had 6 hours of sleep only ... my time got mixed up and I am experiencing Jet Lag bcos of project.

top right pic: kah kit and meng yee cam whoring ...top left pic: Jasmin hope to migrate successfully so she no need to come to work during midnight. middle pic: Introducting my business lead - Meng Yee and my technical lead - Zul ... they are my right and left hand person ... OH YEAH, we wore Yellow color shirts to bring luck 'wong' for the migration bottom right pic: Zul & Andrew discussing something while having a break @ 3am. bottom left pic: Aimy look so serious at work
  • I remember the experience the first time I kena question and kena grilled sotong by the management team during the investment presentation, it was a week plus when I took over this project ... gosh, it was a setback and big dissapointment to me. Trust me, you dunwan to be fired left and right by top management team.
  • Thank God, that I had a full support from my team and my bosses to guide and help me thru. It was a show of great teamwork....seriously, when One Falls, Everyones Fall together!
  • Thanks to my project team members - Meng Yee, Zul, Jasmin, Nuraimy, Aileen, Kah Kit & Andrew for their faith in me. Importantly, I would like to apologize if I failed to deliver your request, hurt your feelings and failed to do a good job as a PM.... will do a better PM job in the future.
  • Also thanks to the internal dept involved esp from Ops, Network, Regions Center, SA, PD, Marketing, BSS, DBA & CS for their full support.
  • To the vendor, I am very sorry if I put too much pressure and slapping u all left and right ... guess this is for the benefit of project sake and apologize on my wrong doings.


Some of us starts to looks tired esp Kah Kit and Zul ..... bui tahan when Kah Kit tries to act cute ..... the whole entire floor belongs to this project who came to be on standby esp UMB, SA and DBA's. Thanks to the region network support from Penang, Sabah, Sarawak and Johor.

  • I love the working spirit in DiGi, we really work hard to ensure our customer got the best service & quality and not forgetting the best deal! As you can seen, above is our full dedication to meet the customer expectation. We never say die and failure is not in our mind at all.
  • After 5 months of implementation .... at the end, the hardwork paid out. Would like to introduce you the new CallerTunes page with enhanced features!


Nice and simple CT website ... user friendly too! You will be amazed with the logic and technology behind this site!

  • I miss my bed so much and it is time for me to recover all my 3 days sleep ...
  • Till then, for 016 users, activate your CallerTunes and to those is not 016 yet, come and switch to DiGi!

Miss my bed so much...and been few days did not sleep with Yve ... dun think dirty please! I miss Dylan too during this project migration period.

Note: We will have a mega celebration for this success ... venue not decided yet.

19 comments:

uLi.佑莉 said...

Congratulations! Finally you and your team had made it :) Bravo!!

foongpc said...

Oh, I am going to check out the new CallerTunes page! Meantime, get your much needed sleep yes? : )

iriene said...

Congratulations, it is all worth it!
Hope you got big bonus from your boss. Btw, I have 100 Digi shares..LOL
Do keep in touch..hope you have great time with your family too :)

vialentino said...

uli: yeah...one down....3 more to go...

foongpc: sure...do check it out.

iriene: thanks thanks....no bonus ler....u r so rich ler ...got 100 shares of DiGi ...sure go up one...

Kennee said...

Congrats... XD
Btw, nanged ur post on innit and clicked your ads... ^^

~dolly~ said...

hahaha.. your bed really fancy like that ar??
with curtain some more..
walaowe...

but sounds like a great project..

Adrian & Aeiween said...

wah you so cham ar? work so hard until no time for sleep, family and makan also... lol... but i think all is worth it right? because can finish the project with good teammate....

Another thing is wow your bed so nice ar? like English style like that.. lol...

Pete said...

I guess it is work hard play hard.....hope you get a good zzzzzzz after the project!

EastCoastLife said...

Congrats on your successful completion of your project!

It looks like you had fun while at it wor. :)

Joshua said...

Wheee! Feel wan to change to DiGi already. U so yellow man! lol

Florence said...

haha..i already r digi user....
wewww ur bed really looks so.....haha dOno how to describe..:p...anyway i think u will have a very good sleep after done ur project ! =) take care

Cath J said...

My hubby work hard this few weeks too.. hope he will think same way too... hahahhahahah....

Wow...romantic bed!!!!!

Cath J said...

Ow... got new calle tune already???? Want to try...;-p

iyouwe.info said...

actually ur first time comment need moderation, it is not an error. Anywhere, thanks for dropping by! Will follow u in bloglog!

Cindy Khor said...

do take good care of yourself and make sure to rest a plenty if you have the time.

vialentino said...

walaueh....why ppl compliment about my bed and not me ler...hehehe. talking about this bed, yve and myself love 4 wooded bed... we been searching for a very nice and solid one for quite sometime and we straight away fall in love with this bed. Took 6 ppl to bring and setup this bed ... shock me when i see the amount of people

Angie Tan said...

Congrats!!

My project is also going into full swing and I've gotten sick a couple of times ever since I joined the project which I feel very bad for.

Anyway, better take care of your health & get your rest!

annant said...

gong hei!
hard work paid off :D

Agnes Sim said...

wow..3 days din go bck to sleep? congratzzzzz!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails