My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Why I gained 1.5kg after each visit to Melaka (Part 1 of 3)

The reasons is very simple ... the amount of Melaka foods I had

  • Over the weekend, went back to Melaka with Yve and Dylan to visit my parents-in-law. First time brought Dylan to travel a long journey too.
  • Due to H1N1 cases in Melaka, we camped most of the time at home but my and yve went out to destress ourself by hunting our favourite Melaka foods.
  • Whenever I go back to Melaka each time...the following week, I will play badminton hard and go jogging. Bcos of my tireness after taking care of Dylan, I have stopped most of my exercise and sports activities.
  • Dare not to reveal my current weight ... just see the amount of foods I had and you will know the answer...

Melaka Dry Kuew Teow & Fried Lobak at Uncle Oh Food Court @ Taman Asean, Melaka ... (Lunch)

  • Yve wanted to eat dry kuew teow ... why is it so different compare to KL and Ipoh Hor fun .... is the taste and Melaka dry kuew teow is a bit kind of watery and soupy....not bad thou.
  • The taste of the kuew teow is different ... got a bit kind of herbs taste ... it is nice to pour in the whole sambal and mixed with it to eat it together.
  • The fishballs is very fresh too.

We had each bowl of this and I ordered the big bowl one... yum yum....

  • By the way, this is my lunch food and not morning breakfast ..... Morning breakfast, I had dim sum at our regular place ... which I did not take pics at all.
  • Fearing we not able to fulfill our stomach, Yve ordered the fried lobak (radish cake). The lobak was perfectly fried till hangus a bit with their thick soya sauce...lots of eggs and taugeh as well.
  • The taste not bad too .... wouldn't say the best one in Melaka.


RM 3 per plate....reasonable for the huge portion....luckily we ordered for one pax only.

Melaka Cendol, Pai Tee, Nyonya Curry Laksa & Nyonya Nasi Lemak @ Kampung Lapan ... (Tea Time) ...

  • This place Yve have brought me many times and I had brought many of my friends and relatives to check out their nyonya foods (Mee Siam, Curry Laksa & Nasi Lemak) .... most of them give thumbs up and they will come to this stall when they travel to Melaka by themself.
  • I must say been a long time I did not come back to Melaka to eat .... so within a day, we went and ate lot of stuff .... remember this is Part 1 of 3 from my 2 days 1 night stay in Melaka.


Is it a bit run down place with atap zincs roof ... but it is shady and windy ...

  • Their Pai Tee is so nice and crispy .... the thing I wanna comment is the price only ... for 5 pcs, it cost RM 3.30 where I thought it should be cheaper bout RM 2.50 ... Anyway, we still ordered cause we love to eat it.
  • We ordered the Nyonya Laksa ... wats the different compare to KL Curry Laksa ... u tried Nyonya Laksa and compare it .... is the curry soup taste....very kao and very curry flavoured.


Love to drink the curry soup so much!

  • Nothing beats Melaka Cendol with original Gula Melaka .... just love the cendol here so much ... strong in santan and gula melaka taste! It is a must have when you are in Melaka town.
  • Oh boy, I love the nasi lemak here .... the rice is cooked perfectly ... not soggy (lembik) ... it is just nice from the rice texture u can see. The santan taste is strong and yum yum ... damn, need to check my cholesterol level liow.
  • The comment I had for this nasi lemak is they shud give more sambal thou u can request additional!

Santan power ... Cendol (RM 2) and Nasi Lemak (RM 2.80) ... chun siul!!!
  • Remember this is only part 1 of 3 of my reasons to gain 1.5kg in 2 days at Melaka ... does not include my breakfast and dinner posting yet.

12 comments:

Mei Teng said...

I love the food in Melaka too. There's very good cendol and nyonya laksa at Jonker Street Dessert.

Good thing you went back last weekend instead of this coming weekend.

vialentino said...

mei teng: yeah....cendol and nyonya laksa at jonker also nice and famous....the nyonya laksa at jonker street is opended by my wife school mate last time...

Cath J said...

Hahhahah.. Via....Via.... welcome to the club...

But...who does not tempted with such food... I am just looking at the photo and actually just eaten 15minutes ago...now feel hungry!!! T_T

Adrian & Aeiween said...

Hey next time i go to Melaka you bring us to makan la! can ar??!! LOL if you are working also nevermind just give us the address!! haha because my second brother he got the GPS so we sure can get the place one! HOHOHOHO

Merryn said...

Pai tee! ONly in malacca u can get those nasi lemak with kangkung.. my mother will cook nasi lemak with bunga telang.. the rice will end up bluish.. nice! hmm.. how's dylan???

Allison said...

all the food looks good! yummy!

foodbin said...

the chendol is different from Penang version-both are equally good,

Agnes said...

Pie Tee!! I miss eating that :(

thenomadGourmand said...

ohh...cant wait for your Part 2 n 3! Hurry up !! ;p

vialentino said...

cath j: hahaha...yeah...joined ur club...cant believe it that i can eat that much ler.

aeiween: sure, no problem...can bring u to makan...i got gps too but lazy to get the coordinate...next time i key in the gps lcoation.

merryn: yeah, only melaka nasi lemak comes with kangkung...nice to eat with kang kung...bunga telang? later i google search. dylan is fine ler.

allison: thanks ....my tummy also looks yummy now.

foodbin: agree with u...penang and melaka cendol taste very good.

agnes: yeah....pai tee is nice to eat.

thenomad: sure sure...will post it up soon....need time to compile it.

JY Shops ~ The Latest fashion In Town said...

kampung lapan? where where where? i from mlk also dono this place wor.. paiseh paiseh...hehe...

kenwooi said...

ahhhhh...
delicious!!!

kenwooi.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails