My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why I gained 1.5kg after each Melaka visit (Part 2 of 3)

Note: Sorry that I got no time to reply your comment and messages due to my tight schedule & busy with projects. But do enjoy my scheduled post ... 27/8 - Google cheque banked in. Thanks Google!

My parents-in-law cooked my favourite dish ...
  • No doubt as you all know that I love to eat prawns .... hehehe.
  • My father-in-law purposely drove to fishing village to buy fresh prawn which capture from the sea ... per kg it cost RM 45 and during Chinese New Year festive season, the price can hit double for RM 90 per kg.

Prawns cook with fried ginger and rice wine .... superbly yummy in taste ...
  • My dad-in-law also bought sting ray fish (ikan pari) .... got to know from him that this ikan pari is a different grade compare to the normal ikan pari which sold in the market. This ikan pari also cost more expensive than the normal ones ... due to the meat type ...
  • The meat is so tender and soft .... just the feeling like eating a fresh crab meat.
  • Per kg cost about RM 14 .... normal ikan pari cost RM 8 per kg.

Home made chicken chilli sauce by my dad in law .... nice to dip the ikan pari and eat with it...
  • We ordered a whole roasted duck ... sorry, no pics available cause it was wrapped in a box ... when it opened, straight makan only and forgot to take picture.
  • Soup and vege is a must dish when my dad-in-law cooks.
  • Oh yeah, all the above dishes is cooked by my dad-in-law .... geng leh!


Herbal chicken soup .... I love it ... hardly drink soup when at KL .... only at Melaka got to drink soup only ...

  • Will be posting my last part 3 of my food venture in Melaka which caused me to gain additional 1.5kg.

13 comments:

Mei Teng said...

I love ikan pari bakar served with chillis and a dash of lime. Yumm....

Mei Teng said...

The herbal chicken soup looks yummy too. Haven't had one for quite awhile.

vialentino said...

mei teng: yeah....i used to love to eat ikan pari...bcos it is very heaty and also expensive to eat outside....so not everytime go and eat....i like their fish meat too...the soup is tasty...lots of 'liew'

~~ セクシー jeN ~~ said...

wow~~

hOw can jen resist all these fOod??
so yummy~~

jen have tO cOntrOl my mind...
dont wana gain weight.

annant said...

i miss roomie's mami's hearty chicken soup! haih, gotta wait till next CNY then can taste my own mami's homey herbal soup :D

Cindy Khor said...

the tiger prawns really are huge... i think i would die of happiness just smelling them. i don't mind gaining weight for all these yummness

uLi.佑莉 said...

We should be glad and thankful coz we have such delicious and yummy food :)

Angie Tan said...

1.5kg??!!! Ok ok... Time to get out those running shoes.

Anyway, those prawns look yummy... :P

kenwooi said...

home cooked food looking good! =D

kenwooi.com

thenomadGourmand said...

hahaha..nx trip i'm following u to Melaka!

So u wan to join us for brunch at Pink Sage or not this Sun? 11am.
email me.

Dhemz said...

my gosh....hahhahaha....that's not a lot Via..besides you play badminton and run a marathon....you will definitely shed that weight anytime soon....people need to eat.....lol! yummylicious food though....:)

Farah said...

got to agree with @Dhemz .. soon u will shape up again ;P and u r luck son in law heheh

cHrIstInA_YY said...

Nice home-cook dishes!!! What's the name of that green veggie by the way? They don't have it here =x I miss those fresh prawns too >.<"

Related Posts with Thumbnails