My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

KL Rat Race 2009 Review and Pictures

Yellow Territory @ Kuala Lumpur Rat Race 2009 ...
  • It was my first Rat Race run event ... I participate cause it is a Charity Run. I would not want to miss year by year Rat Race was organized.
  • DiGi sends the largest team and troop for the Rat Race with over 30 teams! Each team consist of 5 peoples.


Gathered at the DiGi office lobby before departing to Bursa Malaysia.

  • We left from office at 2.30pm and arrive there bout 3.30pm ... the race will be flag off at 5pm.
  • It was a race where everyone wears their office attire for the run and there is best costume category for the best dress winner. Many funny and unique costume can be seen there.

Rat Race Experience better than KL Marathon 2009!

  • It was well organized by the Organizer .... it is much better than KL Marathon 2009!!!
  • Lots of drinks and snacks provided after the race .... better T-shirt and lots of freebies!


Very high tech timing chip ... lots of freebies and nice t-shirt too...

  • There is company cheer leading competition organized for the event.
  • Many hot chicks doing the dance .... lots of people crowded the stage to watch the event.

Wow, seems like IJM will win the cheer leading competition ... their staff must be from cheerleading team last time .... darn, she can do split somemore...


Sunrise Cheerleading squad and Genting Plantation team ... Genting with their mat salleh hot chick!

Yellow Man Fans ...
  • It seems not the Celcom, Maybank or Sapura cheerleading teams and nor the beautiful girls from Accenture which capture the attention .... it was the famous DiGi mascot ... the Yellow Man.


Accenture with their tropical costume ... I can't believe they are running in their outfit ...

  • Many peoples waiting to queue up to take picture with them... so envy, I wish I am the Yellow Man...hehehe.


Famous Yellow Man .... they intrude the speaker on the stage ....

  • DiGi even received the loudest cheer when we went to the Stage for Group picture.

PC and Stefan completed the race earlier than me .... they are very good runners .... too bad that Johan (CEO) did not participate due to injury.

Landmarks Pictures I took while running ...
  • I am treating this run very relax ... taking picture while running.
  • It was a very nice weather ... not sunny but cloudy after it drizzled a while.

It was cloudy and nice weather to run .... I love the moment when every corner of the street, there is a small cheerleading squad to give moral support to the runners...

Race Event Summary ...
  • I love the team spirit shown by DiGi for those unknown colleagues which I know ... this is shown by when I crossing the finishing line, many DiGi folks cheer on own Digizens and gave high five as encouragement and support.


I am not sure how many runners but it was damn packed .... i kena squash like sardin in the can.

  • I will definitely join next year Rat Race ...
  • Arrive back in DiGi at 7.45 pm ... adios ... can't wait to c my baby boy at home.

14 comments:

Mei Teng said...

Who won the rat race?

From the photos, it looked so fun. Who are those dudes (Caucasians drssed in white) in one of the photos?

Dana Telecom said...

So, the winner is Yellow man, isn't it? Heheheh...

vialentino said...

mei teng: dunno who is the winner ler...the one dressed in white...shud be the people from Genting....

dana: hahaha, nope...just winner to send most teams only...

RunWitMe said...

You run with your camera? :)

I was at the race too and got hold of the Yellow Man. Watch the videos of the race & cheerleading competition here.

http://runwitme.blogspot.com/2009/08/kuala-lumpur-rat-race-2009-video.html

uLi.佑莉 said...

Maxis and IBM no rep ya?

Kuntong said...

wow...a great run...wit a lot of fun..
well organized 1..

reanaclaire said...

wah.. last pic.. yes, like sandwich with different types of varieties la.. so packed! i think i pengsan.. hahaa... must be very yit lau on that day..

vialentino said...

runwithme: yeah...run with my camera....treat it as a casual run....and enjoy my run.

uli: no wor...they cut cost ler...and dunwan to do donation ler. maybe ibm got kwa...

kuntong: yeah...nice and relax run

reanaclaire: yeah...it is hot and u feel those body heat around u....wish the race start fast ....

Marcia said...

Hi,

great pics you have here, can i use one for my site? i'll quote your blog url on it of course.

Marcia said...

btw, the tropical costume is ecmlibra, not accenture. 3rd place for best-dressed. ;) just saying...

Twilight Zone said...

You always have so much fun, I am so jealous! LOL
I am getting scared of the runs now cos my left knee hurts. Long ago, I had bad accident on that knee.

kenwooi said...

haha..more like a parade to me.. very colourful and cheeful! =D

kenwooi.com

Dhemz said...

wohooo...go yellow team go....!:) that's a lot of freebies...can I join? so I can get some of the freebies too....lol! great job Via, yellow looks good on you!

RuRu Jane~ said...

Johnson.. I see my Malay friend in your first pic of this post.. haha..

The Malay girl in the most front is my friend that studied in Korea together last time. =)

good to see you enjoy in your new company!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails