My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2009 at Dataran Merdeka

Pictures and personal review of KL Marathon 2009 ....
  • Sorry for my late post on this main event as I was tied down with work. Firstly, I am glad I am 21km finisher. Secondly, very suffering and painful run for me .... read thru my experience...
  • It was my first time to participate a real 21km half marathon after my great achievement in 20km Great Eastern run (2hrs 10mins) early this year.
  • Anyway, without a proper & sufficient training and preparation for this KL Half marathon run .... it was a suffering and painful moment for me. Imagine I had a real training with Johny for once ... that was a week before the KL Marathon event.
  • Furthermore, I had company party with foods and beers ...bad timing ... i know it is my fault and face my consequences during the run.


Position 1300 out of 2800 21km runners...not bad result for me thou I cramp at 18km and walk n slow jog back to finishing line. I am dissapointed with the finisher medal quality ... dun feel like a pewter and the string is sew to joint it ... wtf for international marathon quality!

  • This is my story of my running experience
    3.15am - woke up and have light breakfast and massage my leg with yoko yoko.
    3.45am - left house to Dataran Merdeka
    4.10am - parked at Lake Garden...
    5am - watched the 42km flag off ...
    5.30am - start my warm up
    6.15am - my 21km flag off
    7.20am - pass by Berjaya Time Square (approx 10km mark - 1hr 5 mins)
    @ 18km mark - suffer bad cramp and got to rest and look for first aider for aid. Continue to walk and slow jog to the finishing line.
    - Finish my 21km with timing of 2hrs 36mins ... off my target of 2 hrs 15mins.

  • Worse part is walked back to carpark at Lake Garden ... even old folks asked how am i doing cause was limping all the way back to the carpark....so paiseh ler!


42km or 195km finisher? Not so nice and confusing 42km finisher t-shirt ... Johny prefer his Great Eastern 30km finisher shirt which is much better quality and nicer design...

  • Here are my comments and review on the marathon after my run
    Good stuff:-
    1. Nice weather
    2. Good traffic control
    3. Comfortable running vest

    Bad stuff:-
    1. Finisher medal very low grade and 'laubeh'
    2. Refreshment only 100 plus drink and banana ... expecting for more than that
    3. No queue for bag and medal collection ... saw some people can take more than 1 medal.
    4. 42km runners complaint no water at water station ... some need to run to petrol station and restaurant to buy water.
    5. Very bad guidance after crossing the finishing line, don't know where to go and what to do.
    6. more blunders ... please read TheStar article here

10 comments:

Mei Teng said...

Congrats on finishing the race. Well...at least you earned the full marathon finisher medal :)

foongpc said...

Wow! Wake up at 3am to participate in this run? I rather sleep! Haha!

42km marathon is punishing, in fact too punishing for me! I will probably faint!

Well, at least you managed to make it to the finish line. Congrats! : )

cHrIstInA_YY said...

Congratz!!! *cuddle* I have to agree with you that the medal really looks too plain and simple...

Kuntong said...

i saw a lot of bad feedback about tis run.. especially for the Full Marathon runner. Thy finished 42km, but hell...same medal as 10km n 21km..haha

few years ago i finished it at 2hrs 31mins eventhough i got training regularly.. ur result r good!!

vialentino said...

mei teng: thanks yeah....guess this will be my last run....

foongpc: yeah...i ran 21km ler...also dying ler....but the feeling of satisfaction after crossing the line...really happy n relief.

christina: yaloh...for international marathon...is laubeh ler.

kuntong: guess u can do better than ur previous record...yeah, i know i will suffer but ok for me to cross the line...with my weight like dat.

Chew said...

Half marathon is 21km ah...waaa plus can take more than 1 medal, so good..lol

Lisa717 said...

wow!! bro~ u r wanna become Road-Runner? neh..u remember the old days cartoon...*beep..beepppppp..* hehehe...

yawor..the quality of the medal kinda suck ler..aiyoh..too bad for the organiser lo~

MiChi said...

I totally agree to you! I was lost and don't know what to do after reach the finishing line.... then people fighting for the banana like monkey .... then only I know where to collect medal...

Klang New Balance run is better, got tau fu far, got cendol, got viva chocolate drink, got fried rice and fried meehun, got banana and watermelon ... haha ... like a buffet only...

Dhemz said...

oh boy! another achievement for the king of marathon....lol! congrats Via..way to go!....:)

Danielctw.com said...

sucky medal quality. The Singapore one so much better

Related Posts with Thumbnails