My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Famous charcoal fried hokkien noodle, Petaling Street

Since 15 years ago ....
  • It's been a long long time that I have this famous charcoal fried hokkien noodle in Petaling Street.
  • Before I begin my food tale, Florence and Menno (from Holland) came down from Singapore to have a short tour in KL.
  • We brought them to walk at Petaling Street, KLCC, site tour at Bangsar and city area.
  • We got to know Menno doesn't like noodle that much .... esp fried and black in colors one. But me and yve crave for this famous hokkien noodle and assam laksa at Petaling Street. Sad case that the assam laksa stall not opened.
  • We order two plates of hokkien noodle....and when Menno took his first bite, he stun a while. He said it is better than Singapore hokkien noodle ....

I notice that their hokkien noodle size and texture is different from the normal hokkien noodles. Fantastic taste....finally got to taste it back after 15 years. Ok, one thing when u eat here, prepare for the smelly and the hygiene of this place....u must accept it before enjoying ur food!
  • I totally agree with him that it taste much better than Singapore hokkien noodle. SUmore got the charcoal smell which makes the noodle and taste so fragrant. Sometimes u can see those charcoal ashes stick on the noodle itself.
  • Guess what...Menno just keep on eating only ler...
  • Of course at Petaling Street, we had the famous Air Mata Kucing .... refreshing drink!

At Petaling Street .... L-R: Menno, Florence and Yve....oh yeah...Menno and Florence is not couple ... good friends.
  • Who is a fan of hokkien noodle in here?

13 comments:

Hemsem Ahmike said...

lololol me!!!!!!!! I like Hokki3n mee so much...

thenomadGourmand said...

yayay didnt u order the grilled fish as well??

reanaclaire said...

me..!! in fact, i just took on sunday in rawang.. must show my pics this evening.. the tailo mee with yam was fantastic!

I tried this petaling street before... back lane.. last time when i went, the drain smell was there...hahaha.. it has been a few years ago..maybe now not that bad, huh?

Agnes said...

me..me..i'm Hokkien mee fan..hahaha.

When i'm back to KL dun forget to bring me there...:P

eunice said...

oh this kind of hokkien mee is called "Orh mee" (Black noodle) in Singapore leh..

No wonder when I asked my hubby (Malaysian) pack "orh mee" for me, he blur, said it's hokkien mee. keke

uLi.佑莉 said...

Long time I never try this hokkien mee but i heard the taste is not as good as last time leh...

Arrowouiz said...

oh !! The noodles make me staving !!

P/s : thanks for dropping by my blog !!

fufu said...

wow...i heard that hokkien mee is nice... where is it located?? petalling street is so long....

Lisa717 said...

me too me too here love Hokkien Mee!! I wannt I wannt bro!!

Cindy Khor said...

me, me, me and my sis... she loves it and have to order it everytime we visit the "big fry" (translate in chinese please) stall

Wah Lau said...

err.........please avoid that longan drink....i saw how they put the ice cube on the floor, the ice cube all dark and dirty (from the floor dirt) and they didnt even wash before throwing them into the longan drink.....disgusting
last was the last time i buy anything from there

= FLoReNcE = said...

Wow...the hokkien mee looks so delicious.

I;m a Hokkien mee lover. :)

leechon said...

menno??

btw..HOKKIEN MEE !! seems like many ppl here like hokkien mee nas well!!

hahaha...

ohya..i have nanged urs..can u help me nang mine as well?

http://innit.nuffnang.com/view.php?id=98898

thanks thanks^^

Related Posts with Thumbnails