My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

My new job life experience in DIGI

My process becoming a Digizen ...
  • I better put my post in form of question format or else it will be a lengthy post.

    Q1: How do I got approach?
    Ans: As I mentioned earlier on, thru a Head Hunter.

    Q2: How was the interview process?
    Ans: Firstly, I met with the head hunter agent for 1 to 1 interview. She then sends my profile to the hiring company for review. Dg called me up for an interview. After my interview, they contacted my head hunter agent to inform the interview result. In fact it took a few days n less than a week that I got my job confirmation....I was in shock.

    Q3: How do I feel when I got the YES answer from DG?
    Ans: Oh boy, when my job agent call n told me that I was HIRED (unlike Trump always mention YOU ARE FIRED) ... I felt very happy as this is my first time after 9 years to go thru the process of getting a new job. Of course, I jump up and down and the first thing I did was to call yve to inform her about this good news. That night, I couldn't sleep at all till 4.45am where Yve woke up for a while and saw me still awake n smiling ... and she say 'I chi sin one' - I'm crazy.

    Q4: My first day of work?
    Ans: In fact, I reached there very early, just a 30 mins drive from my home (15km distance between my office and home). Had breakfast at the cafeteria ... then went for Orientation. Went to meet my colleagues and my HOD, I was introduced to my colleagues by LN. Collected my notebook as well. My HOD organized a welcome lunch for me with my other colleagues at Shah Alam. At 6pm, people start to cabut liow. I took 40 mins to get home...reach home by 7pm. My first day was good and busy cause I was assigned to manage two projects.

My starter kit ...

  • During my orientation, I was given a tool box which comes with the MP3 stereo headset, a water bottle and multiple handphone chargers.
  • Normally, this tool box is kept in your personal locker as we don't have a fixed workstation.


I am not sure what I wanna do with this toolbox .... probably store my stationeries in my home.

  • The HR and Corporate Admin was so efficient that my first day at work, I got my new sim card, RM 1k phone voucher (given every 2 years) and my ING card.


Yippie ... don't need manually to submit claim form for phone calls during working in IBM.

  • Wow, I was wondering why the staff were given headsets .... was told by my colleague that when you work, u need to be relax and happy as they believe you can produce better work quality .... so they allowed you to listen to songs and watch movie during your free time.

Tested and the quality not bad ler...
  • I feel so energized and looking forward to come here and work every morning.
  • I would like to share bout my first departmental meeting ... it was a total different experience for me.

    Closed to 40 team members from Application, Platform and PMO team gather to listen monthly update from my big boss. We had a short break for refreshment ... makan makan again. Then we continue with the session.

    There is 3 invited speaker from our team to give a talk about anything. One of them presented financial planning and investment....cool huh, at least share something which is not related to work only and it seems that all Dg staff are stock and forex investors for side income....kekeke.

    We have monthly birthday celebration too and once again, I was introduced by my big boss to the department.

The tummy of the yellow man, looks like mine now....darn....i am gaining weight in DG....darn.
  • Yes, I feel strong and energize to full bar like the Yellow Man! And yes, I gained 2kg after a week working at here .... too much makan ler!

14 comments:

CH Voon said...

hahaha why digi .. need to put a lot of flower and so so one...

you need to wear the yellow clothes? hehehe just kidding

Agnes Cheong said...

congratulations! U r a digizen now. Shud b proud of ur job rite? coz everyone in malaysia knows Digi. I am using digi too! LOL

Angie Tan said...

Wow... 2kg? I think I'm losing weight because of the stress.. LOL!

You heard about the present which DiGi gave their staff right... Ipod I believe. :P

Anyway, wishing you all the best in your new job!

iamthewitch said...

Wow congrats on your new job! I heard that Digi office is pretty amazing. I'm sure you would enjoy yourself there. Just make use of the gym more often to avoid being the Yellow Man! :P

Adrian & Aeiween said...

Ahh Yellow Fatty Man i like it! lol wow now you working at there cool!!! first of all must congrats to you and also have fun there okay? Cheers my lovely friend! Gambateh!! ^.^

fufu said...

wah... finally you have started your new job huuh... cool!! all the best... bet you could manage well since you have 9 yrs of working experience...

thenomadGourmand said...

this is one company thts aims to be different, they really treat their staff well. atr is Shell. Now..whr is my resume??

Kuntong said...

wow...digi treat their staff so good...

kenwooi.com said...

haha digizen!!
so do you have to wear yellow and play with yellow duckie all the time? haha.. =P

all the best via! =D

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Hehehehee you're like a sim card, eh. But most importantly is that you're happy with this new job :)

uLi.佑莉 said...

Whats with the yellow felar? Why suddenly appear in your dept meeting ar? hehehhe...

vialentino said...

ch voon: dat one is deco ler....go digi for a change of work life and new culture...

agnes: thanks for ur support in using DiGi....my family all convert to DiGi and they say is cheap and good network coverage.

angie: yeah....iPod for the staff but i din get it ler...miss it kwa. hahaha....good for u that u r stress and can lose weight...i been eating here and it seems is one of their KPI to gain weight.

iamthewitch: sure sure...will join the yoga and aerobic classes...

aeiween: so far doing good here...quite enjoy too working here

fufu: thanks...thou got 9 years but got different process to adopt ler...

vialentino said...

thenomad: wat resume u mean? u working in shell?

kuntong: thanks bro.

kenwooi: hahaha, no lah...din wear yellow and play with rubber duckie ler.

gorgeous: yeah hor...i am like a sim card...if work in celcom...then really complete the big 3 companies...

uli: the yellow man will appear if there is any in house event in the company...

CH Voon said...

hehehe i not using 016 currently... hehehe

but my sister used lo

Related Posts with Thumbnails