My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Lunch at Gem Restaurant, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields

Farewell Lunch with Chee Keong and Yew Li ...
  • This is an excellent restaurant for North and South Indian cuisine. The thalis (mixed platters of rice, curry, soup and bread) are always a favourite, the chicken tikka is chunky and plentiful; there's a range of vegetarian options, including creamy Indian-style veg, and service is good.
  • GEM Restaurant is a franchise brought in from Chennai, India, by Malaysian Segadevan. The first restaurant opened along Jalan Gasing in 1996.

I like their Masala Tea ... my favourite indian tea drink! Thanks to Sharon Soosay who makes the masala tea in the office for me to taste ... got hooked into it!
  • I would like to say thank you to Chee Keong and Yew Li as they both supply me lots of chinese drama series. So don't so hak hei for my this lunch treat.
  • Yew Li is a BLOGGER too ... do visit her blogsite if you want to know what is happening in Maxis-IBM.
  • Guess what is the dish below? It is SALAD .... ordered by Chee Keong ... taste not bad. I didn't know Indian salad is that special ... is much more like fruit salad cause of the oranges.


This salad presentation is very unique and colorful ... taste not bad too.

  • I love their mutton! One word says it all ... yummy! The curry gravy is thick and strong with mutton taste. Bout the mutton meat, just nice, soft and melts when you chew in your mouth.

This is a fattening meal but who cares ler ... I love to eat the rice with the gravy ... chun!
  • I have been skipping my cereal oat diet for the past two weeks ... sighhh.

7 comments:

foongpc said...

The salad looks good, does it taste as good? The mutton dish is yummy! But watch your cholesterol level! : )

vialentino said...

foongpc: yeah....after this round...long time din go and eat indian banana leaf rice liow....the salad is ok...not bad

uLi.佑莉 said...

No need to be so hak hei la bro...we did enjoyed the lunch @Gem. Hope to visit there again:)

thenomadGourmand said...

it does looks gd!! but theres so many restaurant in Brickfields worr..why this one?

MiChi said...

looks yummy... how's the price?

JoinMe said...

Hi vialentino,
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks. ^^
P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

JoinMe said...

Hi vialentino
Your article link is changed to JoinMe.com.my, thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails