My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

11km Orange Run 2009 at The Curve sponsored by BHPetrol

I truly enjoy this run ... it should be 12.48km instead of 11km ...
  • Firstly, thanks to Johny to introduce this event to me last 2 months ago ... too bad he can't make it cause he is at Mt. Kota Kinabalu.
  • Secondly, thanks to Alvin for helping me to get the registraion form and also helping me submit the form.
  • Lastly, without they both, I won't be participating this 11km run cause it is FREE OF CHARGE and I did not make any commitment or thoughts to join this run. I was turned off when Alvin pass me my numbers .... looks very cheapskate leh.... there goes down my expectation for this run.
  • I was thinking, it is just a small group of runners who will be running and there is no timing available as well. I don't want to wake up early in the morning and waste petrol by driving all the way down to The Curve.
  • Now, I want to take back all my words and read bout this exciting run sponsored by BHPetrol.

Cannot buy 4D....only can buy 3D .... hehehe ... this is my lucky running number...

  • I will need to copy the pictures from PMTEY's multiply site once he have uploaded.
  • Till then, I can show you some of the goodies and lots of drinks and food to makan ....
  • According to Alvin's foot pod, the distance was 12.48km to be exactly and not quarter marathon (11km). Anyway, I am glad it was a longer distance cause it will be one of my training for my KL Half Marathon preparation.
  • My timing to complete this run was 1hr 09 mins.


The certificate ...

  • Here are some of my conclusions of the Orange Run:-
    Good stuff:-
    1. Lots of parking space and shaded in The Curve car park.
    2. Clean toilets.
    3. Nice food served esp the nasi lemak.
    4. Lots of drinks and coffee sponsorts.
    5. Thanks for the goodies bag which come with cert and a book of discount vouchers.

    Dissapointment:-
    1. One drinking station only at 6km mark
    2. Recommend to start at 7am cause the sun came out early and it is hot.

  • Overall the race was successfully organized by the Pacesetters and thanks to the great sponsor by BHPetrol.

The goodies...

  • Do join this kind of event in the future ... it is a great experience ... even for beginner runner, it doesn't matter cause some people hold hands (couple) and walk also.

11 comments:

thenomadGourmand said...

aiyaa..i missed it! darn..i know u told me abt it but i was worried cos I dun think i could run that fast.then suddenly i read got couple walkin n holding hands! so they allow free n easy participants..wish i knew that!

ladynina said...

hi there,
i was in this same run last year. it was great ! yups... to me run is always addictive.

thanks for popping by my blog. and see you in many future runs. when is KL Half marathon?

Danielctw.com said...

Oits.. u going KL Half Marathon?? Means 24km that one O.o

I think I just take part in 10km for this year first.

vialentino said...

thenomad: yeah...guess wat...got old folks wear casual and walk too...got the pics from pmtey..will post it soon

ladynina: this is my first orange run and it was fun...totally din regret to join in....the kl half marathon will be on 28th June...do sign up!

daniel: yeah...21km...signed up already....

Azad said...

Hi Vialentino,

Thanks for visiting my blog. Do say hi if we meet in future runs.

Glad you enjoyed the run. I took it slow and only jogged in this run to encourage my friends to finish without walking. :)

vialentino said...

azad: sure sure...i think my next run will be kl marathon ... yeah, main importantly is sweat out and keep healthy...we r not fighting for top spot. :)

Leonora Halim said...

hi there... yep.. me agreed on the Starts time... so hottttt.... huhu....

p/s: thanks for popping by... ;-)

vialentino said...

leonora: sure...my pleasure to visit u...yes, it is hot and only got one drink station

~cEciL~ said...

It's been a long time since I join this kind of run which is during my secondary school (Malay Mail Big Walk) and my mum's sports club (Terry Fox + Spastic Children)...it's a good experience, well can say that I walk more than run.... My colleague and boyfriend finish earlier than I am... neway is all about achieving a Goal in Life *If You Want Something, You Gotta Work It YOURSELF*...Adios Amigos....

Carboman said...

thanks for dropping by my site. yes, you may grab the event shots. my only request is for you to credit my site for the photos. cheers and happy running!

vialentino said...

cecil: i think my next run, i wanna join the terry fox run...miss it the last time....

carboman: sure, no probs...thanks for the permission

Related Posts with Thumbnails