My Blog Tweet Message

Coming Year End ... busy with work but also busy with food exploration :)

Just email to me at vialentino@gmail.com for any enquiry and shall reply to you soon.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Long Arguement with my Head Of Dept

Arguement

  • Early morning got a call from my boss to discuss on one of the project I am handling.
  • Arguement heated up when my boss told me that I am putting excuses.... walaneh, this word heats me up directly.
  • Problem is related to system training cause my team will own a new system.
  • Obviously my consultants need to attend the training as they got 0 knowledge on the system. Thou we have very tight timeline to meet to migrate most of the portals...everyone is under pressure.
  • So i requested that training from the vendor is important where as my big boss saw that I am delaying it bcos waiting for the training in order to proceed.
  • I told him, even before the training....I am getting the user to prepare so that we can migrate. My big boss really dunno head and tail of the problem.
  • Luckily we are not face to face cause I am at KLCC for meeting and he is at Plaza Sentral.
  • After the call, my colleague called me....he told me that he heard the long arguement in the office. Hahahaha.....of course, need to protect my decision and my team, right? This is the first time I got a little mad in my whole career.
  • Anyway, i've scheduled a meeting with him and my team to discuss this issue and explain to him.

How to ask your Boss for a salary increase..?

- Got this from yve...very funny.

One day you send a letter to your boss asking for an increase in your salary !
Dear Bo$$,
In thi$ life, we all need$ ome thing mo$t de$perately. I think you $hould be under$tanding of the need$ of u$ worker$ who have given $o much $upport including $weat and $ervice to your company . I am $ure you will gue$$ what I mean and re$pond $oon.
Your$ $incerely,

The next day, you received this letter of reply :

Oh my dear:
I kNOw you have been working very hard. NOwadays, NOthing much has changed. You must have NOticed that our company is NOt doing NOticeably well as yet. NOw the newspaper are saying the world`s leading ecoNOmists are NOt sure if the United States may go into aNOther recession. After the NOvember presidential elections things may turn bad . I have NOthing more to add NOw. You kNOw what I mean .
Yours truly, Manager

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails